“Fantastic Little Restaurant and Bar on the Water”

Mallards at the Wharf
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Onancock
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Waterfront dining with an upscale casual seafood focused menu. Specializing in the use of Local, sustainable and fresh products with an award winning chef.
Reviewed May 12, 2012

My daughter and I had lunch here on a recent gorgeous sunny Saturday. We loved the rockfish bites (caught the day before), Crab Cake Salad, and Bloody Marys.... was that pickled asparagus for a garnish?! Excellent! We sat outside and enjoyed the watching the boats coming and going. We'll absolutely return!

Reviewed May 11, 2012

This restaurant was recommended by several locals and we ate an early dinner on a Saturday night. This is a white tablecloth and cloth napkin restaurant. Our waitress let me sample a wine before buying. The Maryland style crab soup was wonderful! Also, salads were very fresh. We split the Filet Mignon dinner on 2 plates, but the portions were quite large even for a split plate. The steak was cooked perfectly and served with garlic mashed potatoes and asperagus. In all the meal was wonderful and the service excellent for the price paid. I highly recommend this restaurant on a visit to Onancock!

Reviewed April 27, 2012

I had the fried oyster sandwich with wasabi mayo. Really fresh tasting oysters and the mayo had just the right amount of wasabi. My MIL got the crabcake sandwich and it looked like it had a lot of crab, and she said she enjoyed it. My daughter had chicken fingers and fries. The fries were decent, but the chicken fingers were really large and yummy (I snuck one). All 3 sandwiches had a side of macaroni salad which we all gobbled up. A little sweet and lots of flavor. The service was quick and friendly.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

We dined here for lunch on a Tuesday off season. Hubby had crabcake sandwich. It was quality crab meat but accompaniments were plastic container of store bought macaroni salad and bag of chips. Come on! For $11 at least make a homemade side! I had Mallard salad (greens, walnuts, blue cheese vinaigrette, apples, craisins) which was tasty. Rockfish bites appetizer was pathetic, lukewarm and tiny, no seasoning remarkable. Service was average. Crew gossiping at the bar instead of tending to customers. It is at the wharf however view is minimal through two small windows in dining room. Don't bother!

1  Thank funseekers
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Food was good, service was excellent, view was spectacular. Definitely recommend stopping at Mallard's.