“Everyone should try it AT LEAST ONCE! ADDICTIVE!”

North Street Playhouse
Ranked #6 of 11 things to do in Onancock
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I can't believe I've lived in the area for so long without going here. Don't be like me- GO! I'm a 20-something and this is just my kind of scene- small theater, affordable, THEY SERVE ALCOHOL. AFFORDABLE ALCOHOL. Guys, bring a date here. She'll be impressed with how cultured you are by suggesting live theater. Plus, it's actually really really fun. Eat beforehand though, they have snacks but no entrees.

1  Thank yoojeel

Reviewed January 1, 2013

The North Street Playhouse has been producing top quality live theater for the past twenty five years. Very reasonably priced and set in an intimate one hundred seat theater, productions go well beyond what one would expect from traditional community theater. All the talent comes from local actors and musicians. Director Terry Bliss uses this talent exceptionally well and with them delivers wonderful productions. Ms. Bliss puts all of her energy into this theater and she is it's heart and soul. This summer's production of the Rocky Horror Show was funny, racy (by Eastern Shore standards), campy, and great fun.

We have lived on the Eastern Shore for over eleven years and have been attending productions for almost that long. It may sound phony but I can honestly say that I haven't seen anything at North Street I haven't enjoyed. The North Street Playhouse is a wonderful evening out. Try it with a dinner at one of Onancock's many restaurants for an memorable evening out.

2  Thank BigBob1954