“Long live Janet's”

Janet's Onancock General Store & Cafe
Ranked #5 of 15 Restaurants in Onancock
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Greek, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Janet's Onancock General Store is a small hometown cafe that serves great food, with fresh ingredients, and provides plenty of healthy choices. Our reviews, regardless of the site you go to, are always great. Come check us out. We're a 'primo go-to' place for locals, many of whom eat with us one or more times a week. There's no better feedback than that! Come enjoy!
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Janet's is one of those places in a small coastal village you are just so thrilled to find. It has an attractive atmosphere, charming decor, lovely staff and delicious food. I am not rating it as the best food I have ever had because that would apply to something unique or never-tried-before. What Janet's has is complete dependability in the best of the standards you want to find in a cafe like this...club sandwiches, waffles, salads. When you go to a place like Janet's you aren't looking for Steak Tartare. What you are looking for is what they offer. Total satisfaction, and a fun and pleasant time.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Is to die for! Great service, nice atmosphere, very pleasant surroundings, but the sandwiches are great...Janets can't be missed if you're near.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Southern hospitality, old-fashioned decor, home-made food, great value...no wonder Janet's is rated highest on Trip Advisor. Only drawback...closed for dinner.

1  Thank Lynn L
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

We were staying in Cape Charles for a long weekend, but the rainy weather got us in the car driving to explore some other spots on the Eastern Shore. We drove north to Onancock and found Janet's for lunch.
We were warmly welcomed when we walked in the door and shown the menu and specials. There was a large after-church crowd of locals who had the place buzzing. We tried the ham and Brie sandwich special as well as the roast beef sandwich special. Both were great--fantastic fresh bread that was crunchy on the outside but nice and soft inside.
We hope to return in sunnier weather. That said, this was a nice stop.

1  Thank EmilyTravels84
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I couldn't make up my mind, so I ordered last, and there is a reason for that. I listened while my party ordered a diverse medley of breakfast dishes. Figuring I had plenty of choices to sample from, I ordered the Cobb salad. Each dish was so fresh and tasty. Delicious French toast, Oh my. The waffle was so good and my salad was large, fresh and loaded with great ingredients. I doubt you will ever find a brown piece of lettuce from Janet's kitchen. And it isn't that dried up lettuce from a bag! That kind of thing matters to me. She takes pride in each dish that is prepared. Can not wait to go back.