“A trip back in time”

Janet's Onancock General Store & Cafe
Ranked #6 of 15 Restaurants in Onancock
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Greek, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Janet's Onancock General Store is a small hometown cafe that serves great food, with fresh ingredients, and provides plenty of healthy choices. Our reviews, regardless of the site you go to, are always great. Come check us out. We're a 'primo go-to' place for locals, many of whom eat with us one or more times a week. There's no better feedback than that! Come enjoy!
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Southern hospitality, old-fashioned decor, home-made food, great value...no wonder Janet's is rated highest on Trip Advisor. Only drawback...closed for dinner.

1  Thank Lynn L
There are newer reviews for Janet's Onancock General Store & Cafe

Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

We were staying in Cape Charles for a long weekend, but the rainy weather got us in the car driving to explore some other spots on the Eastern Shore. We drove north to Onancock and found Janet's for lunch.
We were warmly welcomed when we walked in the door and shown the menu and specials. There was a large after-church crowd of locals who had the place buzzing. We tried the ham and Brie sandwich special as well as the roast beef sandwich special. Both were great--fantastic fresh bread that was crunchy on the outside but nice and soft inside.
We hope to return in sunnier weather. That said, this was a nice stop.

1  Thank EmilyTravels84
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I couldn't make up my mind, so I ordered last, and there is a reason for that. I listened while my party ordered a diverse medley of breakfast dishes. Figuring I had plenty of choices to sample from, I ordered the Cobb salad. Each dish was so fresh and tasty. Delicious French toast, Oh my. The waffle was so good and my salad was large, fresh and loaded with great ingredients. I doubt you will ever find a brown piece of lettuce from Janet's kitchen. And it isn't that dried up lettuce from a bag! That kind of thing matters to me. She takes pride in each dish that is prepared. Can not wait to go back.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I have now had several lunches there - dined in twice and had carry out twice - and never less than wonderful. The cafe is small so seating is limited. Do not worry, any wait you have will be worth it. The menu is not extensive but the items on it are flavorful and well proportioned. Janet and her staff are personable and accommodating.

Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

Had a terrific lunch on Christmas Eve. Grilled shrimp ceasar salad was fresh and delicious. Cranberry chicken salad was some of the best we've ever had! Well done!