“Great spot for lunch heading to or from OBX!”

Janet's Onancock General Store & Cafe
Ranked #4 of 15 Restaurants in Onancock
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Greek, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Janet's Onancock General Store is a small hometown cafe that serves great food, with fresh ingredients, and provides plenty of healthy choices. Our reviews, regardless of the site you go to, are always great. Come check us out. We're a 'primo go-to' place for locals, many of whom eat with us one or more times a week. There's no better feedback than that! Come enjoy!
Reviewed July 26, 2013

This delightful spot is just 5 minutes off Route 13. We stopped here for lunch on our way home from the OBX. Janet is friendly and attentive and the food is fresh and delicious. Take the extra 5 minutes and enjoy a lunch on the Eastern Shore with the locals --- you won't be sorry!

1  Thank Kathy930

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I love little places like this where the owner is deeply engaged. I'm gluten intolerant and had a hard time with the menu. Janet, the owner asked" do you eat turkey?" "I do" i replied. So she made she a sliced turkey plate, real turkey with a homemade relish and tasty and unusual greens. It was great.

Really good food , responsive owner and a sweet, easy going atmosphere. This s going to be a regular stop for me in onancock.. One more thing....good value too.

1  Thank thundermountain
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Had a wonderful lunch at Janet's with family. There are many interesting choices and the bread options are nice. The salads are fresh and quite large! Fun!

1  Thank Pr0misekeeper
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Hidden gem hardly scratches the surface of this find in downtown Onancock. Fabulous food, friendly atmosphere, great staff combine to make the cafe a winner for breakfast or lunch. Every item on the menu and specials board is fresh and yummy. The portions are huge, you will never leave hungry. My fav is the rare roast beef on a crusty Portuguese roll. Orange french toast is my husband's favorite and our grand daughter loves the waffles. Thanks Janet for making the cafe a warm and welcoming place for locals and visitors alike.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Read about this place on Trip Advisor. It never steers us wrong. I had the ham and melted brie on a Portuguese roll and my husband had the best Rueben he's ever had. Thanks Janet :)