“American Grill Plus Greek, Italian and Turkish!!”

Market Street Grill
Ranked #10 of 15 Restaurants in Onancock
Cuisines: American, Greek, Italian, Turkish
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Serving Lunch & Dinner Daily with Daily Specials. Family Friendly, Full Bar, Specialty Desserts,Espresso & Cappuccino Bar, Kid's Menu, Sandwiches, Salads, Sautes,Steaks, Seafood, Freshly Baked Breads, Private off-street parking. Dine in or take out, walk in or make reservations. Featuring European Style Cooking with Olive Oil & Freshly Grated Cheeses. Come taste the Love we put into our food!
Reviewed April 27, 2013

That may seem like a strange combination, but it works. The chef is Turkish and the manager is Italian/Greek. The recipes come straight from Grandma's kitchen.

I've traveled the Middle East and can attest to the authenticity of their cuisine. I usually just order the Mediterranean salad with humus, stuffed grape leaves, really good humuus. I also love their baba ghanoush (egg plant dip). Even if you don't love egg plant, you will like this dish.

If your palate tends to be more homegrown, their hamburgers, steaks, roast beef are raved about. I'm vegetarian so I can't give a personal review of that.

Portions are huge, so either share or take home leftovers. But the prices are about the most reasonable on the Shore, especially considering the quality.

This is also not a touristy place. This is where locals go to eat. Check out their Face Book. The pictures of their food really look like the real food.

3  Thank Linda N

Reviewed April 19, 2013

If you are staying at the Inn and Garden Cafe, this restaurant is within easy walking distance. The menu is extensive. We really enjoyed the white bean soup, grilledTurkish "Koefte" and the Tiramisu and several other delicacies. Portions are big and prices very reasonable. There were about 10 State Police dining with us. We felt very safe!The owner, Nuri is a very happy looking,interesting man.

I highly recommend this restaurant.

3  Thank ryokogasuki
Reviewed March 1, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner here. We split crab soup, I had a ceasar salad and my husband had crab cakes. Everything was delicious! Portions were generous and service was great.

2  Thank Ashley G
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Prime rib ordered med rare was grey on top,well to medium doneness, and very dry and tough! Per waitress the cook only appogised
Pand suggested I try something else next time. Never offered to credit the bill.

2  Thank DonWashington_NC
BistroBabe59, Owner at Market Street Grill, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Dear Sir,
We are very sorry you didn't enjoy your Prime Rib as we make every effort possible to ensure our customers enjoy their complete dining experience & leave happy. Your server asked you if you wanted something else as you continued to eat your meal & you declined. Upon review from your server, myself and the chef your Prime Rib was cooked to Med Rare & also concluding that we had a very busy night selling out of our Prime Rib and receiving several other compliments, yes we did express to you that perhaps if you dine with us again, you order something else. Our focus is on our food & complete dining experience & it is not customary for us to discount customer checks when they continue to eat their food and do not want something else. Thank You for dining with us, Sincerely, Shellie Onori & Nuri Onal

Reviewed December 18, 2012

I know the owners personally and they are the nicest folks you will know! The food is always out of this world and the service is top notch! If I could, I would eat there every day! You feel like family as soon as you walk through the doors and it is so comfy, just like home. Worth the trip.........many times over!!!!! I just love them and the Market Street Grill in Onancock, VA....you won't regret it, I promise! xoxoxo Shellie & Nuri!!!!!!

3  Thank Jennie R