“Derby Day”

The Blarney Stone Pub
Ranked #4 of 15 Restaurants in Onancock
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Blarney Stone Pub is a lovely Irish Pub. We are located in the quaint, water town of Onancock, Virginia, next to the DMV. Established in 2004, we have been catering to locals and visitors for a decade. Our chef prepares daily specials and offers classic favorites, like our hand-dipped fish and chips, bangers and mash and shepherd's pie. If what you are looking for is some local flavor, look no further. Our steamed clams and Portabella Chesapeake are sure to delight. The next time you visit Onancock, be sure to stop by. We would love to have you. See you at the Pub!
Belleville, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Derby Day”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

great nachos and a fun crowd on Derby Day! The staff was helpful and right on top of things even with a very crowded house!

Visited May 2013

“Generally satisfied!”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Everything was good but a gentleman I assumed to be the new GM was very rude to our waiter. Our waiter (Charlie) did a great job and the food was good too.

• Visited April 2013
beachbeanie, Owner at The Blarney Stone Pub, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
I appreciate your comments. I will be sure that the issue is addressed. Charlie is doing a great job and I thank you for saying so!!
Nancy
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
“Good Rack of Lamb”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Good food at reasonable prices. Rack of lamb, crab cakes, burgers, etc. Small pub atmosphere, with some noise and some waiting on weekends.

Visited March 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“When is clam chowder not clam chowder?”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Stopped in for a quick meal at the bar. Ordered Easter Shore Clam Chowder and Ceasar Salad with Smoked Salmon. Chowder was clear broth, diced potatoes, onion, celery. Nice tasting broth. As I began to eat I soon realized there were very few of the aforementioned Eastern Shore Clams in the said Chowder! I counted three very small ones although there may have been four. I kept looking and looking. I caught the eye of the bartender who had just served me and mentioned that there seemed to be very few clams in my chowder. She did not seem surprised or concerned! "they make that in real big batches" was the only excuse she made, shrugged, and hurried off. NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!
I was hungry, so went on and ate it, but I so regret not simply sending it back as unacceptable. Hindsight is 20/20 but still a bother
The salad was mediocre at best the salmon not a great addition in this case

1 Thank Ncolpitts
beachbeanie, Owner at The Blarney Stone Pub, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
So sorry you had a less than positive experience. We would love to have the opportunity to make it up to you. Please contact our manager, Brian, and let him know. He will be expecting your call. Thank you for your comments. We do strive to offer all of our valued patrons a great experience.
Nancy
Nags Head, NC
“great atmosphere; fun staff; great food and libations”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We lierally lucked into finding the Blarney Stone and we were thrilled. The food was great; the staff was attentive and amusing; the crowd was friendly and the place was immaculate, including the rest rooms (which you don't find often in a Pub).

• Visited October 2012

Been to The Blarney Stone Pub? Share your experiences!