“Marvelous!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Onancock
Spinning Wheel Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 6 Onancock B&B and Inns
Lake Wynonah, Pennsylvania, United States
“Marvelous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

John and I had such a wonderful stay! Thom and Linda are such wonderful Inn keepers. We were made to feel so at home. The furnishings are very comfortable and Thom makes great breakfasts! I highly recommend this Bed and Breakfast!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rosanna N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Norfolk, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

The innkeepers are so incredibly welcoming! From the moment you step onto the property, the grounds greet you with warmth and color. The innkeepers are helpful and friendly and extremely knowledgable about the area and things to do. We stayed in Room 1 with our 2 small dogs (yes - this property has a pet friendly room!). The place and room were charming. The breakfast both days was scrumptious - with no detail spared (tablecloths, cloth napkins, fruit, breads and a main course - yummy). You will enjoy the atmosphere that the hosts have created as you soak in the lovely, quaint town of Onancock.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jlearn
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

My wife and I one night at the Spinning Wheel in July 2011. we chose it primarily because it was dog friendly, and they certainly did not disappoint! Our dog Bella had a great time playing with Chudleigh. Onancock is a nice little town to just walk around with several restaurants to choose from. We had dinner at The Blarney Stone Pub which was delicious and only a block away. We enjoyed meeting the other guests at breakfast and I appreciated that the owners were willing and able to accommodate my special dietary requests.

• Stayed July 2011
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2010

If your grandma ran a B&B it would like the Spinning Wheel...warm, cozy inviting and a place where you feel you've known forever. As soon as you arrive you feel as though you've arrived at "Cheers" - where everybody knows your name. Thom & Linda seem as though they were born to run a B&B. They are friendly, interesting & full of great information about Onancock. They will recommend things to do & places to see.The rooms are as comfortable as they are charming. This past weekend Spinning Wheel was booked so Thom & Linda sent us to another B&B in town which they said was wonderful. To me that shows true class when you can suggest another B&B to your customers and speak highly of it as well. The other B&B was really great - and so is the Spinning Wheel which has that folksy charm that keeps you coming back. I already miss Onancock & we can't wait to go back!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
alexdej
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2009

Onancock was the first stop on a 5-week road-trip round the US and it was a wonderful start. The house is charming and the welcome from Thom, Linda and the family is wonderfully welcoming. As a previous reviewer aludes to, this is not the most luxurious place to stay but it does not pretend to be. It is comfertable, has oodles of charm and represents fantastic value in one of the nicest towns on the Eastern shore. To us, it felt like staying with friends (and the breakfast was large enough to feed an army - a very lucky army!).

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Somerville, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2009

I was visiting relatives in Portsmouth, VA and had not spent much time on the eastern shore. On the drive down 13, we decided to explore a bit. We booked the Spinning Wheel for one night. The yellow room was big enough and very cozy and comfortable. The atmosphere of the inn is casual, which was nice.
We kayaked the creek the next day and Linda offered to let us change back at the house.
The inn is a great value for the money. Breakfast was fine.
I would recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2009

I stayed at the Spinning Wheel for one night in August 2009 on a two-day lighthouse lover's cruise through the southern Chesapeake. The trip overnighted in Onancock, with everyone making individual arrangements. I chose the Spinning Wheel, and ended up finding a place that felt like home almost immediately.

Thom and Linda Nolan run a B&B that gives you the feeling of being with friends, not innkeepers. As soon as I arrived, I was shown around, and invited to the backyard for conversation and cocktails, which turned into three hours, before heading down to the Blarney Stone Pub, a great local hangout.

My room, the Cozy Room on the third floor, was lovely. A small but comfortable space, though I might note that for people 6'1" like me, the sloped ceiling can make things interesting!

I was leaving very early to head back out with my boat trip, but Thom left me a breakfast in the fridge, with some delicious muffins and breads, a yoghurt, soda, juice, and water. The full breakfast sounded great, though!

The operation is extremely laid-back, and that's the best part. While some of the other inns in town advertise fancy linens and wine tastings, The Spinning Wheel offers something that this traveler finds more important: a place that feels like home. I'm already making plans to go back for more time, because I have a lot more to explore on the Eastern Shore, and I can't think of a better place to use as my base.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank seagirtlight
Also consider these accommodations in or near Onancock
Waterside Inn
The Inn at Onancock
The Inn at Onancock
#1 of 6 in Onancock
The Charlotte Hotel & Restaurant

Been to Spinning Wheel Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!