“Great location, fabulous views, warm & welcoming service”
Review of Anchor Inn Hotel

and 1 more site!
Anchor Inn Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Twillingate
Reviewed June 8, 2014

My husband & I stayed here for 2 nights so that we could see the icebergs & do a bit of hiking. Deborah & Wilma were fabulous hosts. always on hand with a great listening ear & great suggestions to make this a fabulous experience. Our room had a great bed with superb linens & pillows. Continental breakfast was okay but dinner more than made up for it with fresh lobster & cod & unique starters. After a day of hiking, who could ask for anything more. It was fun having a bar in the hotel, a great gathering place for all. The icebergs were so close, it was amazing. If you get here, go to the Crow's Nest for lunch, another unique experience. Would we come back here.....in a heart beat.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tanis351
Wilma H, Owner at Anchor Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2014

Glad you enjoyed your stay in Twillingate. It sounds as if you had a chance to experience quite a number of lovely experiences in our town - it is the very best way to make great memories!

There are newer reviews for Anchor Inn Hotel

Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

The only things where I could see improvement is having some sort of information pamphlet in the rooms with the amenities and some contact numbers for the hotel. I am sure it was a isolated incident but there was a group that were up really late making a lot of noise so I mentioned it to the lady at the front desk in the morning and she said I should have called but I didn't have a number for the front desk. I did plan on staying two nights but the stairs to the second floor suites were a bit too much for my elderly mother so unfortunately I had to cancel the second night but was informed if they if the room did go out I would be reimbursed . I was told that there was a ninety percent chance the room would go out but I guess it didn't . Like I said at the beginning it was a very nice place and I would stay there again ,I was informed it was on the second floor and my mom would have to use the stairs but it ended up being a bit much for her. The stairs in my opinion are wide with one landing and not bad but just a bit much for my mother.

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Newf M

Thank you for your feedback! There is now a comprehensive room manual in each room - internal phone numbers included.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I checked into the Anchor Inn on May 26, 2014. I happened to be on business in Twillingate, NL for the day and decided to stay for the night. The Anchor Inn is recently renovated to a very high quality standard. The owners Deborah and Wilma are very friendly and welcoming.

During this time of year there are giant icebergs visible from the windows of the rooms. There are a lot of walking trails in the area which I did not get to but will definitely get to when I return with my wife later this summer.

You can relax in the pub or eat in the restaurant. Continental Breakfast was included and served fresh baked blueberry muffins.

The rooms are very tastefully decorated with new beds, linens and towels.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with an ocean view or take the suites up on the hill.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Willie406

Ha! And who said one cannot mix business and pleasure! Hope to see you back with the family later this summer. Our team appreciates the feedback.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

Wonderful hotel so relaxing and comfortable. The hostess and staff go out of their way to make you feel welcome. The room was very clean bed comfortable and breakfast served in our room was delicious. The restaurant has a terrific view fabulous food and warm friendly staff. Thank you to Wilma who took us hiking showed us private coves and secluded beaches, as well giving us a history of the town taking us to a fishing hut and root cellar. We felt that we were amongst friends and family. Would stay here again and recommend it to any one.
Hope to come back.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anna B

Thanks for your review. Glad you enjoyed your Spring Package excursion with us and I had an equal amount of fun hiking with you - glad the icebergs showed up at just the right moment!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Being a hockey mom I have traveled and stayed in many hotels and this one was by far the best .The service was great ,very friendly and knowledgeable staff who don't mind going the extra mile to ensure a pleasant stay ,I will plan another trip with a longer stay .

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Michelle C
Wilma H, Owner at Anchor Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2014

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for your review! We know that travelling with sports teams can be stressful & we are happy to hear that your stay at the Anchor Inn was enjoyable. Have a great summer & we look forward to seeing you in Twillingate again.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

We drove to Twillingate and took a chance on finding somewhere to stay. The Anchor Inn Hotel certainly surprised us. It was clean and comfortable and very quiet. We really enjoyed our stay there.
The dining room wasn't open for breakfast but they brought us a boxed breakfast the night before so we had something to eat before taking in a fantastic hike.
We had our evening meal at their restaurant "Georgie's" and we were very suprised to discover a lovely fine dining experience. The food and atmosphere was very pleasant.
We would stay at the Anchor Inn and would love to dine in their restaurant again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank abbottlind
Wilma H, Owner at Anchor Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Glad you enjoyed your stay at the Anchor Inn Hotel! Of course we'll make sure you have the fuel to enjoy Twillingate's many hikes - so glad you did!

Reviewed November 1, 2013

I've spent the last couple of years doing a lot of travelling, both for work and for pleasure. I stayed at The Anchor several times during 2013 for business but the staff of The Anchor and the town itself made my business trips there a real personal pleasure. Many thanks to Deborah, Wilma and the rest of the gang at The Anchor for showing us a such a good time. The rooms were comfortable and clean, the food was good and we really couldn't have asked for better customer service. Hope to be back in 2014!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thanks so much for your great review! We are keeping fingers crossed that your team will be back this year too!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Twillingate
North 99 Motel
#1 of 1 in Fortune Harbour
Genevieve Bay Inn
Genevieve Bay Inn
#1 of 2 in St Barbe

Been to Anchor Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!