“Good seafood platter”
Review of J & J Seafood - CLOSED

J & J Seafood
Reviewed August 8, 2013

J & J Seafood has an amazing platter. 1/2 a fresh crab, full 1-1.25 lbs lobster 25 to 30 fresh mussels and a mountain of frys.
We ate and ate and still couldn't finish all the lobster and mussels. For $35 and the huge platter you get I have never seen thast much food at that price (and all fresh). This is a must. They also have a good 1 or 2 pice fish and chip. The fish is great but they need to get away from the lard fried chips and move to an oil based fryer.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Fresh seafood, lovely hosts. Fabulous food. We had the "Platter" and it fed a family of four (4). Spent 2 nights in Twillingate and ate at JJ twice. P.S Take out is an option. Nothing fancy but the service and food "rock".

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Our trip to Twillingate was timed to coincide with lobster season. As seafood lovers we couldn't wait to get stuck into the Newfoundland's premium fare and were not disappointed - in fact, the lobster/crab/mussel platter ($35) was without doubt one of the best seafood meals I've had in a long, long time. The seafood was fresh and prepared simply - just plain boiled with fries and sauce on the side. You'd be wrong to think that this would make for a boring meal, as it allows the full freshness of the prime seafood to shine through. Wonderful. The waitress was a hoot - she showed us how to dismember lobsters the easy way and get at every last delicious morsel of sweet flesh tucked away in the normally discarded legs. What a fine mess we made. Now I'm a big eater and enjoy seafood above all else, but the platter I was served defeated even me - be warned, you need fortitude to tackle this monster of a meal. Great for sharing, though. I was the last one in the restaurant and had an enjoyable chat with the waitress who was a local Newfie. It was a challenge to understand her when she spoke in the local patois - which she did in an exaggerated manner to entertain out of town customers. The friends I shared my table with had equally good experiences with the other (more modestly sized) offerings on the menu. All in all a great and very memorable experience. I can thoroughly recommend J&J's for a great value, unpretentious meal.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We had supper here on July 28, 2013. My daughter and I shared a Lobster, Crab, Mussels platter which was simply massive and cost only $30. They cook it on the deck behind their restaurant. Service was fast.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Party of 4 adults. Ordered 4 clam chowders as appys and shared a lobster/crab/mussels platter with a side of small fries. Delicious and filling. Great value.