“Fun!”

Twillingate/NWI Dinner Theatre
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We had a fun evening at the dinner theater. The skits reminded me of the old I Love Lucy type of situations, and were funny in a gentle way. A lot of visual and even slap-stick humor from a talented bunch. The music was also entertaining. The food was average, but the other couples at our table were originally from the area, and entertained us with tales of times past as we ate our dinner. This is not big city theater, and the venue is a big hall like a school cafeteria, but suspend your judgement of the surroundings and sit back and enjoy true small town humor.

1  Thank tripqueenflorida
There are newer reviews for Twillingate/NWI Dinner Theatre

Reviewed August 27, 2012

My friends and I had a great time at this show. The dinner gives you a choice of cod, salmon, and chicken. My friends and I got one of each and shared. I recommend the cod. There is a cash bar for those who want to drink. After the meal, the show begins. It is a mix of small skits. Have an open mind and enjoy the silly jokes. Also the seating is communal/family style and we enjoyed conversing with the locals at our table.

For more info about Twillingate check out my Twillingate section of my Newfoundland Travel blog: http://ontherocktrip.blogspot.com/

1  Thank FreelanceAdventurer1
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Meal was tasty, but having a meal in a big hall like this feels a little "meal hall" university, to me. I prefer to eat at many of the fine local restaurants in the area.

2  Thank JaneS28
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Especially enjoyed the skits and the great cod supper. Amazed that the performers were all participating in greeting, bar and working in the kitchen. Enjoyed meeting local and fellow travellers at our table.

2  Thank Paula G
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I wasn't too sure what to expect with the Dinner Theatre but I hoped it'd offer variety and be entertaining and it most certainly was. The show was comprised of small musical performances combined with humorous skits with different props and costumes. You couldn't help but laugh out loud and get a true taste of Newfoundland. I had the chicken which was alright but the fish looked a lot better. The dessert was also quite good and alcoholic beverages were reasonably priced. It sells out most nights so make a reservation (especially if you're going in a group). The actors do the serving and cleaning up so they deserve a good tip! :)

2  Thank travelaholic_111