“Unforgettable!”

Iceberg Quest Ocean Tours
Ranked #2 of 8 Tours in Twillingate
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Iceberg Quest Ocean Tours has daily sightseeing boat tours departing from Twillingate, an outport community on the north east coast, internationally known as, "The Iceberg Capital of the World!". This is a land that is both familiar and mythical, where strangers are friends, and the unexpected is routine. There is no better place on earth to view 12,000 year old icebergs up close and personal. Every year the migrating humpback whales return to play and showcase their newly born calves. The world's closest iceberg viewing occurs during May and June, while the world's largest group of migrating whales visit our waters between June and August. Visit Canvas Cove Bistro and Twillingate Art Gallery on our premises.Two hour tours departing daily at 9:30am, 1:00pm, 4:00pm and 7:00pm with traditional and local music, snacks and full bar service. Screechins' on request. Private charters and special packages available. Experience the wonder of the rugged coastline and pristine waters as we take our guests to a place beyond their imagination. Step aboard ...Experience the WONDER...Your MEMORIES will last a LIFETIME!
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We had the most amazing tour with Captain Barry and Dylan! The two were entertaining, well informed and provided great entertainment. We enjoyed iceberg beer and were screeched in on board as well! It was great fun and the icebergs were simply spectacular. It was an experience I will never forget and was the best money I've ever spent. I highly recommend this tour to anyone wishing to get up close with the icebergs. It was an awe inspiring experience!!

All reviews
"feel comfortable"
"weather was perfect"
"take photos"

Reviewed July 6, 2014

I did the tour out of Twillingate and although I was disappointed by the lack of whales, there were dozens upon dozens of icebergs in the water. I read many of the reviews of this operator before choosing this one and wasn't detracted by the few negative reviews. I think people just need to do some research before booking a tour and expecting everything. Doing the tour at the end of June to me meant that it was getting to the tail end of the iceberg season and that the whale season would start soon. So not seeing any whales although was a disappointment, I can't blame the operator for this. Also for this reason, I delayed booking until I was able to speak to the operator and ask them about what they've seen in the past few outings. Overall, the guide and the ship's captain were professional and entertaining.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Nothing bad to say about this tour we were on. The crew was amazing, very informative, friendly, and entertaining. The boat was clean and spacious. Would recommend this highly.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

We had an unforgettable experience with Cecil. Not only did we see lots of icebergs up close, but we learned lots from his commentary. Highly recommended