“2 meals within 2 days”

Doyle Sansome & Sons Lobster Pool
Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Twillingate
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian, Soups
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Cash Only, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Seasonal restaurant on the dock or indoor dining in Hillgrade near Twillingate.Open for lunch and dinner.Excellent view from our dockside restaurant. Live lobster is available from our pool while in season until we have stock, usually until mid August. Please note we only accept cash and cheques.
Burlington, Canada
“2 meals within 2 days”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

If you're looking for the best seafood meal, you will not be disappointed with this restaurant. Our first meal consisted of a 1 1/2 lb lobster (which we chose from the tanks ourselves). It was cooked perfectly and swallowed down with a little Quidi Vidi. Our 2nd meal was lunch. We had the Seafood chowder and fish cakes. Oh my! What a perfect chowder. It had beautiful big chunks of fresh, perfectly cooked seafood. The broth was second to the seafood, which is how it should be.
Note: Upon entering the cove where this little restaurant is located (off the beaten path), there are 2 buildings on either side of a walk way leading to the restaurant. There are plenty of signs and you will not be disappointed.

• Visited June 2014

Camrose
“GREAT LITTLE GEM”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We were told by another couple what a great place this was and we were not dissapointed. The lobster was fantastic the view was spectacular and the service was wonderful! If youare in the Twillingate area it would be a great choice to get out of town a bit to this delightful restaurant!

• Visited June 2014
Kitchener, Canada
“Delicious”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

My wife and I were told that we had to eat here. We are so glad we did. We followed the signs from the highway to the restaurant location. It is located at waters edge in an old building. This is where you can't judge a book by its cover. We were warmly welcomed and had a fabulous meal. We tried crab cakes, scallops and fish chowder as apps. Amazing. Then we had a crab salad on a kaiser and a lobster salad on a kaiser. Delicious - actually more than delicious. I had french fries with my main and they were the best I've ever had - the flavour was amazing. I wanted to order more - my mouth said yes but my belly overruled. Needless to say we had a memorable meal and will definitely visit again on our next visit to Twillingate area.

1 Thank Phil G
“Take the time to find this place, you will not regret it!”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Wonderful place, great atmosphere. Eileen is welcoming and warm. You feel just like you're home for supper. Fabulous views from every table. This is the real Newfoundland. Don't miss it!

Regina
“A great dockside restaurant worth it's weight in gold!”
Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

I've never cared for seafood until we came upon this place. The service was excellent and our fresh cooked meals were well worth the wait. I ordered the crab spring roll appetizer and Fish medallions (breaded and delicious, I cannot remember their real name) and was delighted to find they were cooked perfectly and not at all dry. My wife ordered a pasta dish with a mixture of seafood in it, she insisted I try some. I normally gag trying to eat clams but was pleasantly surprised to find they were delicious and not rubbery like all the times I'd tried them before. Also the garlic bread was made from a fresh homemade loaf of bread and was fantastic. If you. Don't eat here you are missing out!