“another gem hotel”
Review of Emlyn Hotel

Emlyn Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Newcastle Emlyn
Reviewed April 7, 2013

just had a stay here with some friends while visiting the area,what a gem to find in such a small village,i can guarantee everything you read about this hotel on its website or in brochures is spot on .rooms are large and perfectly modern,bathroom,as a professional bathroom fitter I can asure you they are done to a very high level of quality,pleasant staff and very helpful I you want to know something,plenty of car spaces,theve done a brilliant job on the refurb to fit everything in ,with spacious corridors and large rooms,well done to everyone and I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone. I cant understand what dave t is on about, is he complaining or recommending his comment seem confusing.

Room Tip: cant find a fault with this hotel ,try it and see im afraid.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
keith e, General Manager at Emlyn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the Gwestyr Emlyn.It is a pleasure to know our bathrooms have been reviewed by a professional installer and live up to expectations.We do hope to see you again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Emlyn Hotel

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We live fairly locally so we weren't staying at the hotel but I took my parents for mid morning coffee here and it was so lovely we decided to go back later that evening for dinner in the Emlyn Hotel Restaurant - called the Bwyty'r Bont. We are so glad we did as the meal was wonderful. I had the Rack of Lamb with Shoulder Confit - and I cannot rate it highly enough. My partner Paul and my Mother both had the Supreme of Chicken with bacon and pearl onions which they both thoroughly enjoyed. (They had thought it would be served in a white wine sauce - but it was a red wine sauce - not that it mattered particualrly!!) My Father had the dish of the day - Lemon Sole - which was much larger than he'd expected - but very moist and tasty. The service was friendly, prompt and courteous and NOTHING was too much trouble. The girl who served us was from Lithuania and her boyfriend is the chef. The hotel and restaurant refurbishment has been very tastefully done by someone with an artistic eye and everything was spotlessly clean and tidy. This restaurant is definitely one step up from most of the local pubs and restaurants - and we all felt it could do with a bit of a spotlight as it is tucked away in the hotel with very little promotion. Do try it if you're in the area .... it's slightly pricey but we all felt it was well worth it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for reviewing our restaurant.We have been invited in to the Michelin guide for 2013 which we are very proud of, so perhaps more people will come and enjoy our restaurant.We purchase all of our ingredients within a 20 mile radius of the hotel so as to ensure fresh produce but also to sustain vital jobs within our county.We look forward to you returning to visit us in the not to distant future.

Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Yes the refurb is absolutely fantastic! But nothing that hasn't been done before. An old building like this can't take that much of a change. The corridors are cramped, and some rooms have suffered. Not sure wether my room 22 was once joined with 23, but It definately should be. No word of a lie, I watched a programme on tv with my sound on mute, and used next doors sound instead, walls really that thin. Room was also very small. Bar prices also onthe upper side of expensive. Overall, I cant say it was hurendous, but a slightly sleepless night. I'm absolutely sure I just had a one off experience, my work colleagues had great rooms and breakfast was top notch.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Dave T
keith e, General Manager at Emlyn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the Gwestyr Emlyn hotel. We are dissapointed you did not sleep well. All of our rooms are sound proofed to building control standards but sometimes Guests do have their tv on loud and can disturb other guests, a phone call to reception normally rights the situation. I did not quite understand the comment of Regurge It does not appear in the Oxford dictionary but I have traced it to the slang dictionary which translates to A group of lads out on the town getting drunk and running out of beer then being sick as they have no beer left to drink. Still at a loss where this relates to the Gwesty'r Emlyn hotel. I sincerly hope we did not make you feel sick. We do hope you return to visit us again and enjoy the croseo of the hotel.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed three nights due to attending a family wedding. Very nice welcome and shown to our room, which actually was the same room we had stayed in two years previous. Very nice accommodation, extremely pleasant staff and exceptional food.
Would definitely recommend to anyone needing to stay in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank stumpy1955

Thank you for reviewing the Gwestyr Emlyn hotel, we are so glad you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed here for two nights and were pleasantly surprised by how friendly and comfortable the hotel was. It's buried in fairly rural Wales but is about a 20 minute drive from Carmarthen and the Caws Cenarth cheese business - well worth a visit!
The hotel has just been refurbished (the paint was still wet when we got there!), the rooms are all slightly different but are spacious and comfortable. There's wifi but you have to pay £5 a day for it, given the price of the stay this seems a slightly unnecessary charge (the pub around the corner gives it away for free though according to their sign). Given this is in rural Wales the mobile phone reception is patchy or non-existent, so don't expect 3G signals either.

We ate in the restaurant for both breakfast and dinner; breakfast was good with a self service of tea, coffee, juices, yogurts, and fresh fruit salad. The cooked breakfast was good but you couldn't have both croissants and cooked breakfast items (I only wanted a few items and a croissant) unfortunately it's one or the other. The dinner choices were good and the chef evidently takes pride in both presentation and fresh produce. The bar prices are reasonable and the staff were chatty and attentive. Recommended.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Many Thanks for taking the time to review the Gwestyr Emlyn.We are deleighted you had a great time at the hotel and enjoyed our restaurant.We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Arrived on a Sunday afternoon late in March and received a warm welcome and once shown to our room I must say I was extremely pleased, probably one of the nicest hotel rooms in its class I have ever stayed in. We spent much of our evening visiting places in the town where we received an equally warm welcome and enjoyed the company of the locals. We returned to the hotel where we were hosted by Andrew, a very professional gentleman. A wonderful nights sleep in a very comfortable bed and a superb Welsh breakfast with cockles and lavabread was an excellent starter to our day.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank andyzot

Thank you for your very kind review .We are so glad you enjoyed the Gwestyr Emlyn Experience and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

a super ambience, beautifully renovated, friendly helpful staff, lovely food - a really restful stay. The spa facilities were good too.

I don't know that I can add anything to what other people have already written here, but I can confirm that at the end of March 2013, the high standards seem to have been maintained!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your compliments on the Gwestyr Emlyn.We do hope you return to visit us soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newcastle Emlyn
#1 of 1 in Molleston
The Falcondale Hotel
The Falcondale Hotel
#1 of 2 in Lampeter

Been to Emlyn Hotel? Share your experiences!