“Light lunch”
Review of Harrison's

Harrison's
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Cafe, Welsh
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Harrison's Brasserie is a caffé by day and seafood and steak restaurant by evening, having a unique location overlooking the River Teifi in Newcastle Emlyn. The riverside garden and seating area provides views of the castle, the river and wildlife, together with views of the valley. It is a truly spectacular setting!Harrison’s is passionate about providing good quality home-cooked food throughout the day, including hearty breakfasts, tasty lunches, and a delicious and colourful afternoon tea! The patisserie selection includes - a delightful maple syrup meringue, fresh fruit meringues, cheesecakes, scones, Welsh cakes and Bara Brith and much more!The evening menu (Thurs-Sat) focuses on seafood and local Welsh steak. All steaks are 28 days matured and are farmed in the Teifi valley. For those who like fish, various options are available including the ever popular mussels available as a starter or a main course. Finish of your meal with a hand-made dessert and cup of freshly ground coffee that has been roasted in Wales. Vegetarian options are also available. All menu prices are inclusive of potatoes and vegetables as described, so the price on the menu is the price you pay with no additional charges. Harrison’s Brasserie is also open on Sunday for breakfast, traditional Sunday roast, lunch or a lite bite. Reserve your table or call in and try delicious and tasty home–made food. You will not be disappointed.
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We had a quick stop on a cold wet day for warming soup. This came with a baguette and butter. Service was prompt and courteous. Toilets downstairs were clean.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Clean but clinical. The staff seem miserable, as though they dont want to be there. The food was only average and more expensive than some other local cafes. I wouldn't rush back.

3  Thank HCM64
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I was planning a lovely morning with my toddler. First we'd drop his brother off at my mams, then go for a trip to the park, buy a new colouring book and then go for hot chocolate and cake somewhere. We never get out, so were both excited. First two were ticked off the list without a hitch, then we chose Harrisons.
I'd heard mixed reviews about the place and was told that both the service and the food could be 'hit or miss'. It was quiet (one other person) so I thought it a good place to take my 2 year old.As I walked in, I went to place my order and was abruptly cut off mid sentence with 'I'll be with you in a minute' The woman then left to go to toilet then came back to take my order. 'OK, a bit weird' I thought, but if you've got to go, you gotta go, I suppose! Then there seemed to be some confusion with the size of hot chocolate as they inly come in one size. So as it looked big I asked for a small paper cup to give my toddler his in, so that he doesn't spill or smash it. I do this in every cafe and have never had a problem until now. I got my cake and coffee and went to sit down (I had said we were 'eating in') After settling down, getting him out of the pram, giving him his cake. She THEN came over and asked us to leave as we had been charged for a take away. Honestly, there was no apology of 'i didn't realise you wanted to sit down' or 'there's an extra charge for eating in' Just GET OUT.
I can honestly say, I have never been so shocked at a lack of customer service. I now understand the 'hit or miss' reputation the place has. After getting my frustrated and crying toddler in his pram, I then left to go to the cafe around the corner who had fresh cake and a warm welcome, they even chatted and played with my boy. I heartily recommend you go there too!

9  Thank Taffet
Reviewed October 25, 2012

had dinner , for four , and the food was excellent. The main meal was excellent, good portions, whilst the desserts were out of this world.great welcome by the proprietor and excellent service provided by the other member of the staff.

1  Thank wayne912
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I am a little late in writing this review, as had a number of events over the summer and only recently had a chance to catch up.

My husband and I rarely go back to the same place twice as we like to visit and explore other places when we visit an area. Given this was our first time to Newcastle Emlyn we weren't sure what to expect of local cuisine. We were recommended to go to Harrisons by the place we were staying at, and after visiting Harrisons on our first day we went to a couple of other local places to try them out as well. But I have to say we went back
to Harrisons numerous times as it was superb! Place was very clean, food tasted lovely and prices were reasonable in my opinion. Not a greasy spoon like some others are in the area. Coffee was good as well.

Toilets are immaculate, just like home. Sometimes there is a wait to use the toilet as they only have
one toilet, but it’s worth waiting for! On one of our visits, I overheard a neighbouring table say that her friend sometimes comes in off the street just to use the toilet when no-one is looking, without even ordering! Thought that was taking a liberty.

A lot of thought and effort has gone into what they do - well done and keep it up.