All reviews halibut beautiful island short break itison deal small island bed was comfortable night break enjoyed our stay lovely food dinner menu relaxing break well worth a visit lovely hotel achamore gardens wee island beer garden both nights
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Gigha Hotel has a friendly and welcoming staff, comfortable rooms and great food. Though small, the bar was ample to accommodate the visitors who were there along with us, and the locals who frequent it are always ready for a chat. The only downside was the lack of WiFi facilities. Although assured they existed, we were never able to get a signal.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We didn't stay here but called in for a lunchtime meal in the bar. I enjoyed my meal but my wife thought her meal very oily. Service friendly enough and dogs welcome. The bar is quite small and intimate but they do have a separate dining room with a different menu.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and I stayed there this week as a few days stop to do a walking break . It is the o key hotel on the island . I mention the word Quaint , as it’s in need of a wee bit of work , doors don’t fit properly , some fixings are in need of replacement or repair which under other circumstances would have resulted in a lower star rating , HOWEVER, the whole island was bought for and is run by the local community so I will allow the shortfalls from commercial hotels . The hotel was clean and tidy , the food in the Bistro Bar was very nice, freshly cooked and piping hot , we didn’t try the other restaurant but I am sure it would be the same. We loved it and would stay there again, not that you have a choice as it’s the only hotel on the Island , but would stay again anyway .

Room tip: room 4 above the bar , so noisy, And above central heating boiler which was noisy I am sure some of the other rooms would be better
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We loved our quiet top-floor room with its views. Meals were extraordinary--all local sourced food including a huge lobster I'd be afraid to meet in a dark ocean. Courteous, very helpful staff--special shout-out to dear Angela and to good humored manager Ken. This was an over-the-top, off-the-charts experience we'd love to repeat.

Room tip: Our rooms were in the top-floor garret--quiet, stunning view, very comfortable.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a wonderful stay at Gigha Hotel, perfectly located for watching the ferries come and go and a short walk to the beach and a good walking base. Comfortable rooms, friendly staff and lovely fresh food. We treated ourselves to a meal in the dining room, excellent service and lovely food. Wished we had been able to stay longer.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple