“Lovely weekend break”
Review of Gorse Hill

Gorse Hill
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Woking
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Thank you Gorse Hill team for a very nice weekend break.

We stayed on a Friday and Saturday night and whilst the hotel was busy with a private party on the first night, the staff were attentive and welcoming.

We had room service one night and a meal in the restaurant on the other. Both were very good, and praise to the kitchen team for a super meal in the restaurant. Very tasty, nicely presented and just the right amount.

Great breakfast selection, with the speediest tea and coffee delivery I've ever experienced!!!

The rooms were spacious, well equipped and nicely decorated.

The hotel itself is set in a lovely location and the grounds looked very well maintained.

Overall a great stay - we hope to be back in the future.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CandPSouthampton
Ben B, General Manager at Gorse Hill, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear CandPSouthampton,

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback, I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and the team delivered so well throughout. I will ensure this is shared with the team and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Gorse Hill

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I've stayed in a lot of hotels in the UK and Gorse Hill De Vere has the best service I have experienced yet. The staff are all sincerely friendly and go the extra mile to make your stay complete. The breakfast buffet is one of the best I've had and the dinner was fantastic! The room was modern and very comfortable, the bed was perfect. I had everything I needed in my room. My only suggestions would be to fix the television service, although not a big problem for me and some minor cosmetic decorating in some of the stairways. Overall, I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in this picturesque area.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank skidometer

Dear skidometer,

Thank you for posting such a lovely review, I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay so much and even more delighted to inform you that we finally have the resolution to our TV challenge, with new TV's and aerial being installed in April. Its great to hear the feedback about the food and service from the team, we work hard to drive this, so i will ensure this is shared with the team!
I hope we can welcome you back again soon?

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We returned for a nights stay to celebrate our first wedding anniversary after holding our wedding here last year.
The staff were still very accommodating and friendly.
Again we stayed in the main house, this time room 2. The room was very clean although the walls are starting to look slightly tired, but the bed was comfortable and all other facilities were good.
The hotel is in a lovely location and the grounds are still well looked after and ideal for a pre- dinner walk.
Will definately return.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear LMT07

Thank you for passing on your feedback following your recent return stay with us, its lovely to hear of our bride and grooms returning for their anniversary. Hopefully we will see you for year 2?

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed with my husband for a little weekend break in March this year. Great service overall. Amazing location in the forest with a lovely garden. Beautifull view from our room to the garden. If you like nice views and plants you will enjoy this place for sure.

DELICIOUS taste of food! - AMAZING decorations and top level service. Our dinner time was briliant- still can feel a taste of food. WOW! Very high quality. Also breakfast were very tasty as we like.

Rooms are very nice, clean, good size and impresive. Beautifull hotel with nice pictures everywhere. Everyone were so friendly from reception to the cleaner.

Strongly recomended!!! We are planning our stay in this hotel again as also dinner with family and friends. This time it will be uforgetfull with a great memories. You have to try yourself- it is worth it.

Room Tip: Corner suites are larger and sunny.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Klaudia G
Ben B, General Manager at Gorse Hill, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear Klaudia G,

Thank you for posting such a lovely review, I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us so much, the team and I work hard to drive consitent quality service and proud to receive such great feedback. I hope that we can welcome you back again soon?

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Had a wonderful weekend at Gorse Hill last weekend. The service and food was first rate, the receptionist was extremely helpful and friendly. It is very accessible to London ... and such great value. A lovely setting with beautiful gardens to explore. Highly recommended.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Andrew R

Dear Andrew R,

Thank you so much for leaving such a lovely review, we appreciate our guests taking the time to pass on their feedback and I am glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I will ensure this is shared with the team and I hope that we can welcome you back again soon?

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Went for a romantic night away and was extremely impressed with the hotel. It was tastefully decorated and had beautiful grounds to explore. Staff were extremely friendly and the food and wine were delicious. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Carolyn M
Ben B, General Manager at Gorse Hill, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear Carolyn M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and hope that we can welcome you back again soon?

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Beautiful gardens, lovely ol house with modern extension. Staff aimed to please at all times. It was very important for head chef Peter to have feed back re meals. The food was extremely good, prefered silver service to the buffet option but equally enjoyed. Differences between this & other De Veres but overall Gorse Hill is the one we would return to. Bathroom lovely & clean which hasn't always been the the case in other DeVere venues. So enjoyable to have a lounge without a television blarring away with sport. There was one if you needed it in the bar area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Linda B

Dear Linda B,

Thank you for leaving such a lovely review, I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay in particular the superb food served from our fantastic brigade of chefs. I will ensure this is shared with the team and hope that we can welcome you back again soon?
Ben Bridgeman

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woking
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Woking
Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa
Barnett Hill Hotel
Barnett Hill Hotel
#1 of 1 in Wonersh

Been to Gorse Hill? Share your experiences!