“Excellent Food! Nice atmosphere.”

O'Neill's Pub and Grill
Ranked #84 of 203 Restaurants in Woking
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Irish, Gastropub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: You'll always find a warm welcome at O'Neill's in Woking. Ours is a place where you're free to go with the flow. Where great food and drink is always served with a smile. And where, no matter whether you're a regular or a newcomer, our friendly team will make you feel at home. Irish pubs are known for their hospitality - a point we love proving here at O'Neill's in Woking. We are one of the best pubs in Surrey for Irish food, drink and atmosphere. Come and see for yourself - drop by for a bite to eat, to watch some sport, to enjoy our live music or just for the craic. Slainte!
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food! Nice atmosphere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

I visit this Bar/Restaurant on a recent business trip. After wondering the high street I found this gem. The price fitted nicely with my Expenses budget, and I was able to get, Beer Battered Mushrooms, and a Mixed Grill Burger with a Pint all for less that £13. Excellent value.

The Beer Battered Mushrooms where excellent and not at all greasy. The Mixed Grill Burger and Fries was also excellent and goes well with their own label sauce.

I enjoyed it so much so that I have been back since, and will visit again.

Recommended.

• Visited June 2013

hull
“Fab”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Only called in for a drink but I liked the place,if I ever go to Woking again this will be on top of my list

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank kelz118
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Great Bar.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

Good pub, friendly staff, excellent beer, but the food wasn't great. I tried the fish and chips, the fish was overcooked and dry. I'd go for a drink and live music which is fun.

• Visited December 2012
Verona, Italy
“Good food, fair price, Irish Pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Had a dinner there with a collegue, interesting choices of Irish drinks, some food available. Rock music always on the line. I liked it.

• Visited October 2012
Woking, United Kingdom
“Not a real Irish pub”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

If you are hoping to get the good old Irish welcome you get in a real Irish pub, forget it. This is the problem with a franchise, they are just a bunch of faceless people calling the shots, and the people who work behind the bar in this place could not give a damn. They are the most unfriendly bar staff I have ever come across in my life. One of them keeps serving pints below the pint line and still insists it's on the line! You have got to be a right ignorant to do that! Some of the staff is also clueless when it comes to handling food: I have seen the top of my dessert touch the door of the food lift and the waiter had to be told to pay attention. If you are having a bottle of chilled wine, you have to insist they give you one of the buckets they have under the bar, which they seem to be so reluctant to use.

The food varies from ok to average, as I believe there has been recently a change of management. At one point they were burning the burgers, which is probably the tastiest thing they have on the menu. Sometimes they have had no fish available whatsoever (not even a can of tuna to go with a tuna salad?!?) or no custard left to go with your dessert (how hard is it to make custard?). But I suspect they don't actually make anything in the kitchen and all their ingredients arrive half prepared and ready to go either on the grill, the fryer or the microwave. And by the way, onion soup is not an Irish recipe, it's French.

What really annoys me about this place (apart from the sour faces working behind the bar) is their policy towards children in the premises. Apparently there are no children allowed after 7pm, and yet the manager's children were in the pub until late on St. Patrick's Day. Double standards? I think so!, particularly when we were refused a drink at 6.30pm on a Saturday. So I guess my advice is don't go if you have children and don't expect to be greeted by an Irish smile, because they only thing Irish about this place, it's the name of the pub!

• Visited August 2012