“Very busy but experience amazing!!!”
Review of The Inn at Maybury

The Inn at Maybury
Ranked #57 of 216 Restaurants in Woking
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Stumbled on this pub yesterday evening and decided to give it a go as had never been there before and was very hungry and thirsty.... Very happy that I did!!!!!

As we had just walked in without booking (definitley advised) the tall dark haired gentleman that greeted us with a warm smile suggested we had a drink at the bar whilst he set up a table for the 2 of us which we gladly accepted. A nice young man called Alex served us and only moments later, the host came up to us saying that he had sorted a table out and we could sit down whenever we were ready but we decided to go on through.

It was packed out, Tuesday night this busy, this place must be amazing!!! Our drinks were served in adequate time and our server (who was the gentleman that found us a table in this busy restaurant) suggested a starter that we could share that was the Frito misto which was presented beautifully and we enjoyed it a lot and will definitely have it again when we next visit.

Overall, no complaints about our impromptu visit apart from the fact that we will book next time as we were very lucky to get a nice table in a busy restaurant with great food.

Don't be put off if you have to wait for a table as even though this pub is clearly busy, worth the wait for brilliant food and service!!! Recommended highly!!!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have finally completed my mini gourmand tour of Woking and the surrounding areas and visited all of the eateries that are either claimed "destination" restaurants or have a good trip advisor review.
We used to be fairly regular at the maybury but over the last few months we notice that the standards have dropped considerably, whilst the prices continue to rise.
It's trying to be a gastro pub, but the quality of food and service leave much to be desired.. I'd rather go to the harvester because at least you know what you're going to get.. avoid

Reviewed July 19, 2013

been here twice in the last two months. first time they lost my food order so went hungry. last night for drinks but was short changed on the pint ( I thought all the extra space in the top of the glass was for the head served on continental lagers not that I had to wait for the head to disappear in order for me to get a full pint) so this time went thirsty. Third time? I don't think so.

1  Thank tenstev
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We have been here four or five times for lunch or dinner and the food has always been good with service to match. The menu is not your average pub food and there is something for all tastes.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

This was my 4th trip to this venue and none of them have impressed me. Have only gone again due to invites from friends etc....

Firstly on ever occasion half the menu is 'unavailable' when I mentioned this to the 'wide boy' barman he told me it was impossible to predict what customers would order..... Every other restaurant manages it and please don't preface every interaction with 'ladies' in a Del Boy accent.

On this occasion my friend ordered the fish cakes which apparently come with salad - on arrival this was clearly no more than a garnish that really wasn't menu noteworthy and left her hungry.

My roasted belly of pork was tasty but again the vegetable element was tiny and really required a side dish. Pork belly is fatty but in my experience is normally crisped up to offer some crackling but instead I was left with a plate of wobbly fat.

We ordered desserts - again our first choice was unavailable. The brownie was nothing special.... And my friend informed me my Eton Mess looked like it had already been digested once! It did taste good although had the tiniest meringue element.

Four visits - disappointed and dent in the pocket everytime. The Sands and The red lion do better!