“I'm pleased that we found this little bit of heaven”
Review of London House - CLOSED

London House
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our approach to food is simple, flavoured and modern in presentation. We are a dining experience who care about the provenance and seasonality of our produce.Sourcing quality and unusual ingredients whether it is food or drink is the London House ethos
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I have eaten in nearly every other restaurant reviewed on trip advisor in this area and this is one of the best. It offers the most delicious food cooked with passion and excellent service. Definitely worth a visit.

1  Thank Tanya M

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We went here for my birthday (39 again). We have tried a couple of times to get a reservation here with no success.

First thing to note is the car park is very small and on the day we went it appeared that some of the cliental couldn't park making it even smaller. Luckily there is a car park just across the road. Another surprise is its location - Old Woking. Old Woking is not renowned for gastronomy unless you like Chinese fish and chips, a kebab etc. Don't let this put you off.

We booked for 8:30, which was the last booking of the evening. Unlike cheap restaurants they appear to serve in a wave fashion rather then having 3 sittings during the evening. The staff were very pleasant. The décor inside is very simple - almost too simple. Is was also a little cool in there (mind you it was bloody cold outside). Service was quite slow even though the restaurant wasn't full. The waitress did apologise for this and kept us informed about the delay. We both ordered belly of pork with wasabi to start with. This was nearly perfect, I would have just like a little bit more oomph from the wasabi. The Pork was melt in your mouth delicious.
Then another long delay :(
Then our mains came. I hade poussin four ways. Again this was REALLY good.
For desert I had bread & butter pudding. Again this was fantastic but I wasn't on a diet (HINT).

This is near Michelin star food and good sensible prices (£40/head). It could be improved with slightly better décor, some piped music, the heating turned up a notch and trying to reduce the gap between courses slightly (but only slightly). The biggest improvement would be to add some sound deadening material as it is quite noisy with the general background chit chat.

Would I recommend it? Yes! This is by far the best place to eat in the Woking area. It is good for romantic (but maybe too open), couples or special occasions. I wouldn't recommend taking children though unless they are restaurant trained (which very few are).
Definitely try to visit this restaurant.

1  Thank peteperfect
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Another visit to our favourite restaurant to sample the Spring 2013 menu. We received the customary warm welcome from the Maitre D' (Gaetan) who showed us to our table. As usual the overriding difficulty is what to select from the well balanced and exciting menu? My wife and I had invited 4 friends to join us for dinner who were London House 'virgins', and they enjoyed making their selections.
An exquisite amuse bouche of foie gras and rhubarb got the taste buds going. We all opted for the 3-course dinner menu, coupled with the wine taster selection of wines served with starter, main and dessert courses. Excellent value.
I opted for the salt Cod Cocotte, followed by the Pork Tenderloin and finishing with the Bread and Butter Pudding. My wife and our guests made different selections. The dishes were sublime. The poached egg topping on my Cod Cocotte was lovely and runny; my pork was so tender and cooked perfectly; and the bread and butter pudding was light and fluffy.
The service at our table, from Gaeten, Lorne and Katya was slick and professional. They're all lovely people. Ben took the time to leave the kitchen for a moment to say hello and to see us on our way (it's always a pleasure to see him and to give feedback).
Our friends thoroughly enjoyed their meals and will certainly be making a return visit.
3 courses is enough for us in the evening, but we will be back during the Spring season for a leisurely Sunday lunch and make our way through 4 courses!
London House thoroughly deserves its high rating and should be on everybody's radar for a gastronomic delight.

1  Thank G-BOAC
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I know this is becoming boring but this IS the best restaurant around these parts. We have just got home from our fifth visit to Ben's restaurant. His new spring menu is gorgeous. The crab ravioli is to die for - the bisque has real depth of flavour. There are very few restaurants which has a seasonal menu where I could go for a second visit and happily chose a totally different meal from my previous menu. Excellent value for money to boot, good wine list what ore can I say? Visit, enjoy, you won't be disappointed

Reviewed April 3, 2013

This is undoubtedly the best restaurant in Surrey... As always this fine restaurant was excellent. A very frequent diner at this establishment and never once have we been disappointed. The food is
beautifully cooked and the staff very attentive. Don't rush this evening, sit back and enjoy. Every
course is prepared individually and it shows. The jewel in the crown for surrey restaurants.