“Lovely little hotel at a good price”
Review of Woking Hotel

and 1 more site!
Woking Hotel
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Woking
Poole, United Kingdom
“Lovely little hotel at a good price”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I'll be honest and say I booked in here as all the big names were fully booked that night, but to be honest, I'm glad I did as not only did it cost me a lot less, I felt that the level of service offered here was far greater than the faceless feel of the big corporations.

The hotel is not the most modern in the world and probably could do with a little bit of a make over but at least it was clean, felt safe and to be fair - the bed was very, very comfortable :-)

The receptionist that checked me in was lovely and very attentive to my needs, she recommended a good place to eat and was very chirpy - this makes such a big difference to me.

I will definitely be staying here again next time I'm in Woking on business and glad that I found it, especially as there is free wifi in the room, this normally costs a fortune at other hotels I stay in and it was nice and convenient for the train station. All in all, very happy.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
WokingHotel, General Manager at Woking Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind words, I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Woking Hotel and are particularly pleased you were impressed with our complimentary wifi and friendly service.

I have passed your thanks on to the receptionist that enhanced your visit and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Woking Hotel on your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
hull
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I previously stayed here in oct and had a ok stay,but returned twice since in nov and dec and each time I stayed it was worse and worse. Was given a room right at the end of the corridor next to a "staff only room". Which I found very noisy when staff coming and going. As for my room the toilet had a HUGE crack in it the bath was dirty and the sink also had a crack in it. The plug sockets I found to be extremely dangerous as it was a extension lead hanging fron the socket. Only thing good was the bed was comfy. On my stay in December 2 friends sayed they was given a twin room which was nice,but my room yet again was awful and this time i felt unsafe in my room as there was people shouting in the cooidor and twice my door was tried so I moved the bedside table in front of the door to feel safe. I chose to stay here on all 3 occasions as it was the cheapest place in Woking and near the train st. Just thank hod I don't have to return. The whole place needs a lot of time and money spending on it . Only saw a member of staff when I checked in both times,needed a taxi ordering early on a Sunday morning but couldn't find a staff member to order me 1 so walked in the rain at6am down to the taxi rank

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
WokingHotel, General Manager at Woking Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear guest

I'm sorry to learn that your stay during December of last year was not as enjoyable as it should have been.

As your visit was quite some time ago, we would like to feel that significant improvements have been made in the last six months since you last stayed with us and do hope you would consider staying with us again.

Travelers are raving about these Woking hotels

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stayed in the Woking hotel for one night for business.
Although the location is great and most rooms are well priced, I did not have a good stay. The overall vibe of the place was that it really needed some love. The room I was in was huge, but virtually empty. Its carpet as clean but it had obviously seen much much better days.

Specific issues with the room and the stay:
1. I was in a room adjacent to the lifts. The creaking and humming of the motor was loud enough to wake me up through the night.
2. The location of the room places it right next to two sets of double doors which are the only access to the rest of the floor. Those, too, were banging until very late in the night.
3. The walls in the hotel are VERY thin: conversations that went on the neighbouring rooms have been very clearly heard.
4. The hotel is positioned next to/on top of a bowling alley / nightclub. Loud music was going until nearly 2am.
5. Hot water supply was not consistent - having attempted a shower, I had a minute of hot water followed by a few minutes of very cold water.
6. The tap was leaking in the bathroom making it even noisier in the room (!), and impossible to use (let alone the wasting of water).

When I tried to take some of these points up with the staff the next morning, all I got was "oh, yeah, there was a problem with the boiler, we are getting that fixed tomorrow".

I'm not convinced by the Woking Hotel and its staff, not even for an overnight stop.

Room Tip: I don't know about higher floors, but rooms 101 and 102 are right by the doors and lift. Stay as...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank shani E
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2013

A pleasant visit! The hotel is in a good location and I found it easy to get to. The place was clean, the facilities were all fine and i was pretty comfortable in my room. I found the staff really friendly and they seemed happy to help with anything I needed to ask about. Would be happy to visit again as they have great rates for London.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 25, 2013

The Woking Hotel was a pleasant surprise! When booking a hotel in the city center you would imagine it wouldn't be very nice and that you wouldn't get the best nights sleep, but i couldn't hear a thing from outside even though we were on the first floor, which is not what i expected with the amount of bars and clubs around. Staff were extremely friendly and the room was warm and welcoming. They offered free soft drinks downstairs in the lobby and which was a nice touch. Definitely would recommend this hotel and will be using it again in the future!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Ayr, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 19, 2013

This hotel is in the travel lodge category if not worse. I was booked to stay here by my work after the holiday inn across the road was full and boy what a come down.
There are no facilities in the hotel so you have to go out and eat in the evenings, which depending when you want to eat could be ok but for me I struggled to get seated in most places as the town is always lively. A continental breakfast could be ordered and it was delivered to you at the time you specify in the morning, but both mornings mine had stuff missing.
You are close to the train station but there are no parking facilities for the hotel. you can either park for 1hr maximum in the street or as long as you want after 6pm IF you can get a space. The alternative is a costly multi-story a couple of streets away.
Although most hotels are no-smoking now, my room had an astray in it and the corridor stank everyday of smoke. The door to the room was so bad-fitting that the light from the corridor could be seen right round it at night and this let the smoke smell in too.
My work had booked me a large double room and the carpet was stained with who-knows-what but it was nothing compared to the carpet on the stairs. The stairs were the quicker option as the lift is slow but it looks as though it hasn't been cleaned since the hotel was built, see photos.
Despite warnings of "very hot water" the shower never got above tepid so it had to be a bath if you wanted the hot water. Even at the rear of the hotel I cold hear the noise from the high street as the young boy racers came out with their big exhausts.

All in all, I wouldn't stay here again if they paid me

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back to get away from any noise. I would also ask for one not next to the lift...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 13, 2013

In summary, the most horrible hotel I have ever been.
First the taxi driver couldn't find the way to the hotel, so we were 30 minutes lost due to wrong address from the hotel web page.
When finally arrive at hotel late at night and went to my room I discovered a broken bed, impossible to anybody sleep there. When I called the recepcionist he told me that they were full booked and he didn't give other solution that wait for next day, so f.. you and sleep there.
Of course the rest of the room was not better, poor cleaning and low pressure in the shower.
I don't recommend this hotel neither to my badest enemy.
See pictures of the bed attached.

• Stayed April 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woking
Premier Inn Woking Town Centre Hotel
#3 of 4 in Chertsey
Asperion Hillside Hotel
Asperion Hillside Hotel
#1 of 2 in Worplesdon

Been to Woking Hotel? Share your experiences!