Holly Cottage
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Woking Hotel(Woking)
$51
Travelodge Woking Central(Woking)(Great Value!)
$54
Worplesdon Place(Worplesdon)
$74
$71
Hotels.com
All reviewshome from homelovely guesthouselarge ensuitecooked breakfastcomfortable bedplenty of choice at breakfasttraditional english breakfastfresh fruitoff street parkinglots of hot watereach morninga wonderful stayshort staysingle roomother guestslovely breakfasttwo nights
Reviewed February 24, 2013

arrived at the holly cottage for a one nights stay, we found it a difficult place to find especially in the dark.we asked several people who had not heard of it and eventually rung the owner for directions only to find we were parked right next door. there is a small sign at the end of the drive which i found difficult to see. we had a very pleasant greeting from the lady owner and was shown to our room which was large and had a double and a single bed in it. the en suit facility was wonderful with a walk in shower cubicle with one of those massive shower heads which really gave you a good drenching.i had the best nights sleep of the week staying at the holly cottage and after a shower was really refreshed ready for my breakfast which was an absolute feast, it consisted of two fried eggs, two sausages, two rashers of bacon, fresh tomato and mushrooms all cooked to a "T" the toast is on a help yourself basis and you get juice and coffee or tea

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I stayed at this B&B for one night whilst I was visiting relatives in the area. As soon as I arrived, I received a warm welcome by Noah (their cat) and their 3 pet chickens. I was shown to my double room which was large; a double bed and a single bed plus an ensuite. The B&B has a real family feel to it with the large selection of books on the bookshelf in the room and the variety of DVD's in the rack. The room was extremely clean, immaculate almost. The bed was comfortable and the carpet was the softest I've walked on yet ! The shower was amazingly powerful and the shampoo / shower gel provided were a really nice touch. In the room, there was a kettle and biscuits; sachets of hot drinks were provided . Luckily the taps in the room are connected to the mains so fresh drinking water was readily available too. The room had its own TV with a selection of freeview channels. I slept peacefully that night unable to hear anyone or anything else.Even the single room with the shared bathroom facilities looked great and clean. The good thing about breakfast at Holly Cottage is the being able to chose the time of it. There were at least 7 different types of cereal to chose from as well as 7 types of dried fruit. There was fresh fruit, toast, tea and coffee, a large pastry box, chocolates, and large jugs of milk and fresh orange juice. As a vegetarian I was pleased with the cooked breakfast as you can order specifically what you want and its cooked very quickly. The B&B attracts foreign clients as well as local clients. I was charmed by the young grandson who was staying there who was the nicest 7 year old I've ever met ! He came from a lovely family; Janet his grandmother (owner of the B&B) was also lovely and very welcoming. I'd sum up Holly Cottage in one word; relaxing. I think you'll struggle to find a better B&B in Woking. For £40, its unbelievable value for money.

Room Tip: Both the single room and double rooms are good!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank A S
Reviewed July 29, 2011

My children and I stayed at Holly Cottage B&B the night before we spent a day out in Windsor. The rooms we stayed in were lovely spacious and very clean and the beds very comfortable, with a beautiful on suite. The facilities in each room were very good, with a good selection of different hot drinks to choose from.
Janet the owner was really friendly and helpful, There was a good selection at breakfast including a fresh fruit platter and she also cooked us a lovely breakfast before we left for Windsor.
Holly cottage got the thumbs up from all of my children. I would definitely stay there again, I just need to find an excuse to revisit this area.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeannine12321
Reviewed March 21, 2011

Staying with a group of friends on a mountain biking weekend in nearby Swinley Forest. We found Holly Cottage through the website and what you see is what you get. It is a family home and all the family went out of their way to make us feel welcome and ensure that our stay was enjoyable. The rooms had been recently refurbished to a high standard - the beds were very comfortable and the bathrooms had attractive new fittings and nice toiletries. Foodwise the dinner was amazing especially for a group of hungry cyclists - a superb range of dishes from around the world appeared from the kitchen. We asked for healthy breakfast and had delicious porridge with cream and maple syrup; smoked salmon and scrambled eggs and a fruit platter. A traditional English breakfast was available. The only thing against Holly Cottage is that it is so nice and welcoming that we lingered longer and started our biking later than planned. We are already planning a return visit soon.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 24, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Holly Cottage B&B after a party in Woking. We couldn't find other reviews of the place so took the plunge based on price & location -£45 for a double en-suite including full english breakfast.
It's a lovely building, but it is essentially someone's home. The room we stayed in was nice and roomy with a small ensuite, but there were more than traces of family life in the room (magazines, books, photos, ornaments etc). There were also coffee making facilities and toiletries in the bathroom - a nice touch.
We got back at around 11.30pm and went quietly to the room. At around 2am two people (who we think were the father and son) were having a noisy conversation with banging of doors. We were in the extension and the walls were very thin.
That said, the breakfast in the morning was amazing - all you could need including a lovely English with quality sausages and home made bread. Very nice people and a great welcome, just a shame about the noise and thin walls.
Still - in Woking it's difficult to find better value.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple