“Westerham (Tulsi) Dining Dec/Jan 2014”
Review of Tulsi

Tulsi
Ranked #19 of 36 Restaurants in Westerham
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Westerham, United Kingdom
“Westerham (Tulsi) Dining Dec/Jan 2014”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Picking up a take-away yesterday after a miserable time having broken down at the Dartford Tunnel 4 hours earlier - I wasn't expecting to be cheered up!!

I was welcomed with open arms having spent (and danced) New Years Eve with them and much as I hate to advertise this night (this was our 2nd New Year night here) it was FANTASTIC!

On NYE
I like to eat but not cater (we ate - it was pretty good..)
I like to dance (I danced, they danced, my 92 yr old dance partner was a m a z i n g and the DJ was great! D J was much better than last year - sorry last year's DJ!)
I like to be able to walk home (stagger probably more accurate..)

On TakeAway a week later :
The takeaway was a less than I would expect of anyone, let alone the Tulsi? Wow! This should really be easy for you and I expected it to be as good as in the restaurant ....

Lamb Bhuna - good...
Goan Fish Curry - mediocre - no fish taste and actually was fairly insipid.. Nice thick sauce but no flavour from either fish or sauce..
Mushroom Bhaji - never seen a red one before and sadly flavourless..could have been anything with a few mushrooms chucked in - actually, think it probably was!

Tulsi - We love you!! DO NOT lose your high standing on food excellence that is the Tulsi!! You are regularly fully booked and have the status that other Eateries in Westerham crave - 2 fully booked sittings! Well done!! Please keep your food sourcing and excellence at the height of your key priorites (don't think it was for my takeaway yesterday) and keep it true to deserving the position you currently hold along with Chows, of bestest! Last thing we need are any more mediocre eateries...

• Visited January 2014

Edenbridge, United Kingdom
“very disappointing”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Our review is of their takeaway.

The chicken had not been marinated and was tough and dry. The onion bhajis wer doughy and unpleasant.

On a more positive note, the naan bread was OK.

I've tried this restaurant a few years ago and I've unfortunately been reminded why it has taken us so long to return.

I have seen the glowing reviews on this restaurant and they have prompted me to do something I never do - write one myself. If you like Indian food my advice is that there is plenty of choice elsewhere and this one is in the bottom 10%, food wise. Nice looking restaurant though.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank simon d
London, United Kingdom
“the best curry I've ever had”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I'm a lover of Indian food and THIS is the best Indian restaurant around! I've never had a curry with such deep flavour from anywhere else. I've been eating here for years, everyone I take here says its the best curry they've ever had. It's a bit pricy but you pay for what you get.. absolute quality and a full tummy. Its the kind of place where you say "mmmm" with every mouthful.

• Visited November 2013
Ormskirk, United Kingdom
“Very average food at above average prices!”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We did not visit the restaurant but had a takeaway which was very average and expensive. The onion bhaji were hotter than the curry and the Bombay potato was in a sweet pink sauce.Not the best!

• Visited October 2013
Oxted, United Kingdom
“Don't buy the wine”
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Food was ok, wine was a joke £21.95 for a bottle of mateus rose, all manager could say was that is what it is set as. Pathetic. Will Never set foot in there again.

Visited October 2013