“Westerham's hidden gem!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Great Moretons Bed & Breakfast

Great Moretons Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Westerham
Great Moretons Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 8 Westerham B&B and Inns
Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
“Westerham's hidden gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Great Moretons this weekend as we had a wedding in the area. I looked at a few different places but none of them looked as nice as this beautiful B&B. And we were really pleased to find it was just as described and as the pictures showed when we got there. A truly magnificent house and Carolanne and Pete have managed to make it feel luxurious but homely at the same time. The room was so comfortable, with everything you could need and character mixed with modern, plus the top end add on's such as shower gel, hand soap right down to the 'Duchy' sparkling water by the bedside. Breakfast was fantastic and covered all bases. We honestly can't recommend this B&B enough and think its a steal for what you get.
Thank you for a lovely time!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Carolanne R, Owner at Great Moretons Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
We are glad that you had a good time.
Thank you for your comments.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here last night, was as good if not better than any luxury boutique hotel... Beautiful house, friendly, rooms are spotless and luxurious, breakfast amazing... This should be a benchmark for every bed and breakfast, it can do no wrong...Will be returning,

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Carolanne R, Owner at Great Moretons Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
It was lovely meeting you. I hope your day in Canterbury went well.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

I have just spent two nights at Great Moretons in Westerham. This has been by far the best b&b I have ever stayed in. The house is stunning, beautifully kept and the room I stayed in was very comfortable. CarolAnne and Pete seem to have thought of everything. No silly sachets of coffee; a jar of coffee, biscuits, bottled water, jug of milk in the fridge, beautiful mugs to drink from - and that was just in the room. Breakfast was freshly cooked, but there was also a huge choice of cereal, yogurts, toast and fresh fruit. The area around Westerham has so much to offer : Chartwell,
Ightham Mote, Hever Castle, Tunbridge Wells. In 2 days I couldn't fit it all in. Great Moretons is very well priced and I am planning on a return visit very soon.

Room Tip: Either room is stunning, but bedroom two has a bigger bathroom and a huge bath as well as a stunning...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for all your comments and taking the time to write a review.
We enjoyed your stay with us.
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

Gorgeous house, lovely owners and fantastic breakfast.
Big room and super bathroom
Thanks very much for all the helpful information given to make my morning in the area
interesting
Car park opposite the house was free

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Andypandypuddin
Carolanne R, Owner at Great Moretons Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments. It is always good to hear that people enjoyed their stay with us and had fun in the local area. We are quite new to the area ourselves and are gradually finding out all the different things to do.

it is good tip about the car park opposite being free.
Woodford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

We were attending a wedding in Westerham, my search took me to view a B&B called Great Moretons, so glad it did.

Having checked there was only one review I called and spoke to Peter the owner. This call gave me the confidence that it would be a good place to stay.
we arrived on a sunny Saturday morning.

From the minute I entered I knew it would be perfect, the entrance hall way welcoming fabulously decorated.
The hostess professional and friendly greeting and showed us up to a beautiful bedroom with all the necessary amenities and more in the bedroom.

The bathroom was immaculate the cleanliness was perfect. The amenities in the bathroom were plentiful well matched fluffy towels. shower working perfectly. Under floor heating.

Lovely views overlooking a private green area to the front

Sadly we could not spend too much times as we were going to the wedding.

however on return had a very comfortable and peaceful sleep no noisy air con or noisy room neighbours.

Breakfast was well laid out downs stairs, a very good selection along with the choice of a further full English breakfast.

Fresh coffee, choice of bread croissants, selection of jams honey yoghurts . Perfect.

The interesting thing is having been lucky enough to have travelled i am in a position to compare and I can honestly say it is up there with some of the best small boutique establishments we have stayed in.

Both Caroline and Peter the owners were very friendly and great professional hosts.

I would most definitely recommend and YES I will return.

Room Tip: Any one of the two rooms
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DuquesaLondon
Carolanne R, Owner at Great Moretons Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review.

We enjoyed meeting you and talking about all your travels, Especially finding out that we were brought up in the same part of London. If you are ever in the area again please stop by.

Kind regards

Pete and Carolanne
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

My partner and I were one of the first to stay at Great Moretons when it got up and running last weekend. Having stayed at the owners' previous B&B last year (Pear Tree House in Haslemere, Surrey) I was hoping this would be just as lovely...and it didn't disappoint.The room was immaculate with a huge comfy bed and a gorgeous bathroom, so nice I might have to redecorate my own! The breakfast room was especially lovely and bright (with very yummy jam I must say), I only wish it had been warmer outside so I could have eaten on the patio but I'll have to go back in the summer for that!

Thank you Carolanne and I wish you every success in her new venture!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Anna M
Hi Anna,

Sorry for the delay in responding to your kind comments and we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Breakfast on the patio will be wonderful in the summer. We look forward to meeting you again.

Carolanne and Pete
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westerham
Days Inn Sevenoaks Clacket Lane
#1 of 8 in Westerham
Grasshopper Inn
Grasshopper Inn
#4 of 8 in Westerham

Been to Great Moretons Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!