“It Does What it Says on the Tin” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Sevenoaks Clacket Lane

Days Inn Sevenoaks Clacket Lane
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Westerham
Warrington, United Kingdom
“It Does What it Says on the Tin”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Very basic but as expected on a motorway service station. Rooms were clean and a decent size and it was surprisingly quiet with no traffic noise. 10 yards from the services so what more do you need for a simple stop over.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Chris N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Midsomer Norton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

We had booked this a little late in the day when the idea of driving straight from the continent to home seemed a little daunting. Places we had stayed before were already booked, but the generally positive reviews for this Days Inn persuaded us to give it a try.

The reception staff were welcoming and helpful; explaining that our family room had been set up for two children and as we have one, offered to come to our room and remove the extra bed and bedding to give us more room. It was also explained that we could buy vouchers from reception to use in the services for meals for a discount.

Room was adequate and clean; we had a fan which was welcomed after our hot journey. Eating in the services made it a little more expensive than we may have liked, but was fine for the short time we were there. Although we were obviously vey close to the motorway, the hotel was surprisingly quiet and we would definitely consider staying there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank rhyssmum
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Was a bit apprehensive as it was a motor way service but was one of the most comfortable places I have ever stayed. Very quiet, no noise,comfy beds,spacious,plenty of tea,coffee and accessories, Well Done!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

Nearly Premier Inn standard at cheap, budget price. Free wifi, free car park, clean, large rooms and comfy beds. Staff very helpful, especially Ryan, who was very concerned that due to booking.com not registering I was staying with my children, he had not made up the beds. Overall a well run hotel with good standards and good customer services. I would definitely stay again. Thank you!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank NJPK80
Essex, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Really good stop-over on M25 (South side). Bedroom was cleam .... bathroom had a bit of mould ... but evrrything worked the way it sdaid it should and easy access to North of the motorway, although not to the Eastbound track itself. Plenty of choice for food in the service area, and Days Inn run a discount scheme.

If I needed a hotel in the Westerham area I'd definitely use this again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EssexGrampa
Cornwall
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

I booked this through 'LateRooms' (LR) who are normally OK, but having had 2 bookings cancel the same day,(even though I had received email confirmation of the bookings) I rang LR to ask what was happening, and also to stay on the line and book me a place to stay. LR blamed it on the hotels not being trained properly (who's fault is that???).
Anyway, past caring, I was eventually found this place by LR, and at £55 it was unfortunately a poor deal. Bear in mind, this was 9.30 the night before I was doing a 200 mile trip. Please also note I had only just been told I needed to be in a specific place at a specific time, so I had very little time, and choice (as it transpires).
When I arrived there it took me 30 minutes to book in because a lady who had quite obviously booked a room was told by the receptionist that 'an American company had taken over and they were a nightmare'. The receptionist didn't have much of a sense of humour..... Parking was easy.
Anyway, tired but undeterred by the miserable receptionist, I paid my £55 and was given a key to room 16. Actually, the room is OK. It was ground floor and at the end of the building which was fine, as was the room, overall. It was average, at best. But, of course, this was a room at a motorway services....
Room OK and a shower to knock your head off, decent telly and it was quiet.
Good night sleep, but because I needed to be at a meeting 20 miles away at 7am I did not have a chance to survey the breakfast options. McDonalds by the look of it. I had, however, been able to stroll around the food outlets the night before and all I saw was an extortionately expensive 'fast food' Chinese, I decided against eating altogether.
In short, this would be a last resort, as it was for me.
I also know I have had better deals in the past. The maximum you should pay for this is £30. No more than that.

Room Tip: Room 16 is OK.