“A suprise stay, for me and the owner!”
Review of Yew Tree Cottage

Yew Tree Cottage
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Westerham
Yew Tree Cottage
Ranked #6 of 7 Westerham B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Myself and a work collegue recently spent a night at Yew Tree Cottage after a mix up (our fault) meant we where booked in at the nearby Kings Arms for the wrong night
We where redirected and booked in by the receptionist of the Kings Arms, who indicated to Yew Tree that we would arrive around 10pm
We actually arrived at 8.30, preferring to drop our bags and get changed before heading back to the Kings for dinner (which unfortunately was rather forgettable, with poor service).
Richard the owner of Yew Tree was most apologetic that our rooms where not ready. Really not a problem as 20 minutes ago he didnt even know we where coming and hadn't been expecting any guests at all!!

Yew Tree Cottage is relatively new as a B&B, Richard having only bought and converted it earlier in the year. While its clear there is still some work to be finished (as there would be in a building of this age, that had been unused for some time) he has already created a very nice property that shows great potential for a comfortable and friendly bed and breakfast
The bed was very comfortable and I had a great nights sleep and the breakfast I was presented with the next morning was fantastic, its not often a breakfast defeats me, and I'm unable to finish it all off but his one unfortunately did, and the toast and tea kept being offered!
In summary, a nice cozy old property, comfortable beds, great food and a very warm and friendly welcome, all at a reasonable price
The rooms are not ensuite but there was two large bathrooms just across the corridor, and this was not a problem in such a small B&B (only 3 rooms I thinK)
I suspect I wouldnt have got better had the Kings Arms had rooms available
Good luck for the future Richard, You have made an impressive start

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank ukiain75
Richard W, Owner at Yew Tree Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2011

Well, not bad for a first review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again soon. As you say, work continues and there is still a bit to do. However, the aim is still to be comfortable without being 'fluffy or chintzy'. I should say that the one consistent complaint is that the breakfasts are too big- I can live with that.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Westerham
Days Inn Sevenoaks Clacket Lane
Donnington Manor Hotel
Donnington Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Dunton Green
Best Western Plus Hever Hotel
Lingfield Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa
Travelodge Caterham Whyteleafe

Been to Yew Tree Cottage? Share your experiences!