“Pleasant but not memorable”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Kinara - CLOSED

Kinara
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Seating
Description: TN16 1RQ 01959 562 125
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
“Pleasant but not memorable”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Having heard good things from a few people about Kinara we went with friends yesterday.
Firstly it must be said the location was very attractive and the staff friendly and efficient. The menu offered rather more than the standard curry house and the food was mostly very acceptable though one starter of lamb cutlets was slightly overcooked and one creamy chicken dish was frankly unpleasant. On the other hand a prawn starter and a red snapper main were very good.
My problem with most curry house type restaurants is that they rarely aspire to be more than workaday places where you can get a tasty meal at a reasonable price and where you go for speed and convenience. I had however hoped for more in the case of Kinara but I was slightly disappointed.
The location and more interesting menu give Kinara an edge but the fairly average food and the noticeably higher prices are a negative point. I'd be perfectly happy to go again however if invited and its certainly worth a visit if you are in the area.

• Visited January 2013

Westerham, England, United Kingdom
“Pakistani Food Delight”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

What a great restaurant. Brilliantly run by Cushi (forgive the spelling!) I dont go there enough really but when ever I do it is a great experience from start to finish - Keep it up!

Visited December 2012
Croy, United Kingdom
“Beautiful setting and fabulous food!”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This was our first visit to Kinara.

A Grade II listed cottage that is full of character that lends itself to a cosy and intimate dining experience. There is a designated lit car park across the road with plenty of spaces.

The waiting staff were attentive, cheerful and polite and we felt in no way rushed despite being the last couple to leave just before midnight.

The food is presented in small terracotta pots with lids, piping hot and delicious. Among the dishes we chose were the mirch masala gosht and mughlai murghi, which were excellent.

We felt the price was very reasonable and would definitely go back to again and recommend this restaurant.

• Visited October 2012
Kent, England
“Ye olde curry house”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This Old English character property provides a home to an Indian, or should I say Pakistani, restaurant.

Compared to most 'Indian' restaurant the menu choice is more reasonable in length which actually gives me more confidence in the quality of the food than a choice of 200+ dishes. Also, you will notice an absence of some of the usual Indian dishes and quite a number of unfamiliar names so the description of the dishes on the menu is genuinely helpful.

My wife and I dined with another couple and all four of us enjoyed our meals, my wife described her 'Kinara Khas' as delicious and we all commented on the freshness of the herbs and spices. The meat in my biryani was drier than I would of liked but nevertheless I enjoyed the meal overall.

Expect to pay a little more than the 'usual' shopping parade type curry house but that's to be expected considering it provides such an imaginative choice in a really comfortable setting. There is a convenient car park over the road.

We did have a discrepancy over the bill at the end but it was settled amicably.

• Visited October 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Take your friends here - They'll love it....”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

One of my favourite restaurants. The food is always excellent as is the service. The setting is unique, a large private dining room is available and I have booked this on several occasions. The Jinga Prawns are fantastic as are the meatballs&mismas kahari. Many of the dishes differ from the traditional offerings which in my opinion only makes for a more interesting experience. Great value, unique/ cosy atmospheric setting, extremely friendly service. Great take away service too.

• Visited July 2012