Holiday Inn Runcorn
Agoda.com
  • Pool
$78
PremierInn.com
All reviewsnational holidaysexecutive roomcoach partiescoach trippool and gymbreakfast staffnice staywould stay againstayed here for one nightevening mealcomfy bedbreakfast was excellentcar parkself servicechester zoofull englishcooked breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Me and my partner stayed here just for one night, everything was better than expected considering the very cheap rate we paid by booking it from Laterooms.com.
We had full use of the Gym and pool all facilities were clean and gym staff very friendly and helpful.
Check in was very qucik and staff on reception also very friendly and helpful as we were not from the local area.
Room average size, bed very comfortable and room well equipt with new TV and hairdryer also tea and coffee making facilities.
Bathroom was the best part, very new and very clean.
weld definitely recomend and would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
VincentGarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Runcorn, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Dear LaurenKatieDavies
Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Runcorn.
I am delighted to hear that you would recommend our hotel, found the staff to be friendly and helpful and enjoyed full use of our facilities.
I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for one night, room only. Excellent value for money!

Lovely & friendly staff on check in & check out.

Room small but cosy & very comfortable. Huge T.V!

Can't comment on any facilities as didn't use any but the gym/pool area looked great.

Local area of Frodsham is beautiful. Ate in Travellers Rest on Friday evening (gorgeous food)-must book though-is very popular! Had breakfast in The Cottage Tea Shop, the following morning, which was delicious too!

All in all a great stay!

1  Thank Carla H

Dear Carla H
I am pleased to hear that you found the staff on Reception lovely and friendly. It is a shame that you did not get to use our facilities, hopefully if you are ever staying in the area again you will have time to relax and unwind in our spa.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

The Holiday Inn in Runcorn was very clean and the staff were helpful and friendly. Lovely big TV on the wall, nice comfortable bed and nice little bathroom. We didn't eat at the hotel because we were visiting friends but the food smelt good. Lovely young lady cleaning our room who was so helpful and polite, it is nice to see.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Carolynne L
I am pleased to hear that you found the staff helpful, friendly and polite. Customer Service is our number one priority and I am delighted that you experienced this first hand during your visit.
I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

me and my partner stayed for the weekend to attend a family wedding in the hotel.from check in to check out we found the hotel to be very clean,freindly staff and the breakfast was superb.we arrived quite late due to heavy traffic,and all of the traveling patry had a meal in the resterant/bar,which came prompt and was of a high standard.we would certaianly use this hotel again.
ps.the lady superviseing breakfast was brilliant and nothing was to much bother for her.
regards,DR JONES ,plymouth devon

Room Tip: nothing wrong with our room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear glyn j
I am pleased to hear that you found the staff friendly, breakfast superb and hotel clean. Your compliments have been passed onto the Breakfast Supervisor and Head Chef.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We checked in on Friday 21 September at 1.30pm, the young Lady on reception was very polite, effecient and friendly, check in took no more than five minutes, after passing me the room key the receptionist asked us if we prefered white or red wine, she then went on to produce a complimentary "goodie" bag containing two small bottles of white wine and a bag of sea salt crisps, nice touch! Then we entered our executive room, oh dear, now I know why the free wine, as this was the smallest executive room I had ever seen, and as I am a Platinum Priority member and use the IHG group of hotels for up to 95 nights per year stay, believe me I am a good judge and this was the smallest bedroom I have ever encountered, and the bathroom followed suit, if you were just 4' 6" tall then the bath would have been perfect BUT I'm 6' 2" so couldn't fit into the bath. An old styled and fashioned 1980 hotel with poor sized rooms!

Room Tip: Not sure if there are any?!?!

Dear PAButo
I am pleased to hear that you found the receptionist polite, efficient and friendly and the check in experience to be pleasant. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the room size, unfortunately the hotel was built for the purpose of being a motel and many of the rooms are sized according to this.
We appreciate you taking the time to comment as without guest feedback it would be impossible to improve our hotel which is something here at the Holiday Inn Runcorn we are striving to do.
I hope to welcome you back in the near future.