“Runcorn Premier Inn stay Christmas 2012”

Premier Inn Runcorn Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Runcorn
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We have stayed here before and was not disappointed again. Nice comfortable clean rooms. Good large flat screen tv now. Helpful friendly and well mannered staff. Decent size room and new improved layout. Good parking area. Most importantly a quiet hotel. Will use again

Room Tip: Top floor on front side are better because the back faces a motorway so even with double glazing you...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 29, 2012

We travelled up from London to spend Xmas with my in-laws so booked into this hotel for 3ngts. I called ahead to advise that we would be checking in late & was advised that someone manned the reception desk 24hrs so not a problem - a good start I thought.

Hotel provided ample free parking and is situated a stones throw from the motorway. Our family room was situated on the 1st floor, unfortunately this hotel does not have a lift so this was a bit ackward with all our bags including our 7mnth old baby.

We had a large & spaceous family room with a travel cot for the baby & clean sheets provided which was ample for our needs (2ad 2ch & 1inf). The bathroom was also clean and airy. There was a temperature control in the room but this wasn't really sufficient and our room was quite cold most of the time. There was a large wall mounted tv which worked beautifully & kept the children entertained and we made full use of the tea & coffee making facilities that were provided. The nearby traffic could be heard but wasn't too bad to effect sleep. Breakfast was provided at the pub next door which I will also be writing a review for but there were no complaints with the food at all.

This hotel was good value for money and easy to get to from the motorway. The only negatives were 1) No lift 2) temperature control in room was insufficient and 3) Our room was not serviced the 1st night which was definitely needed with an infant in the room. Unfortunately the next day was Xmas day where the cleaning staff did not work so we received no room cleaning for our whole 3night stay which was pretty poor & unsatisfactory I felt.

Overall, aside from the negatives we would stay here again as we were only aprox 3 miles from my husbands parents so ideally situated.

I would also like to commend the warm & friendly staff who added to our experience.

Room Tip: Due to the location of this hotel, which is close to the motorway traffic may be heard from all room...
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Stayed here for one night with my husband and baby. Ample parking, friendly welcome. clean, smart room. Quiet, comfortable stay. Perfectly adequate travel cot provided. Shower wasn't great, we didn't eat here but attached pub looked OK.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

Stayed for one night in a family room with wife and two boys aged 8 and 10years. Reception was very good.Room as one big double bed and two singles which is needed when your kids need there own space.Room is big.the new layout works really well.By loosing the big wardrobe as you walk in,putting the big flat tv on the wall and even turning the bedside tables into wall hung shelves as made the rooms much much more open and less cluttered(thumbs up to premier inn designers)
Lotts of recees lights to choose your mood and the best is a firm bed and pillow.Sloppy beds reminds you that lots and lots of people have slept there! Restaurant next door is nice food a tad expensive but the waiter service was WELL above the norm in this type of place.
Room cost! £19 quid.spot on.

Room Tip: Family rooms are very good.Stayed a plenty of other places were the family room is a normal room wit...
Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

Great stay. Reception extremely helpful when I requested a room change. They are always helpful and pleasant. Ended up in room 31 which was a family room and enormous.

Hotel is within a mile of the motorway. Very handy but still quiet. Good pub attached for food etc. decent sized Spar supermarket within 1/4 mile.

All in all, very good. Well done Premier Inn.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Stayed here for one (Saturday) night whilst visting Chester - all the Premier Inns in Chester were full. It is located 15 miles (20mins) from Chester City Centre - easy drive along M53 and M56. As usual with Prem Inns room was spotlessly clean. Breakfast is served in the pub next door - friendly service and a good breakfast with the usual choices. Only negative would be the noise from the motorway - the inn is situated right next to the motorway. If you are a light sleeper ensure you have a room facing the car park - these are odd numbered rooms.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms facing the car park are much quieter. Even numbered rooms are right next to the m...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Having stayed at this hotel 3 times before, the problems I had during this stay make a fair review difficult.
On one hand the hotel should get 4/5 stars for a very friendly greeting at reception, nice quiet room, good refurb with HD TV and better pillows. Downside, tired bathroom with noisy extractor (very noisy) and rather dim lighting.
The Preston Brook pub/restaurant spoils this review with zero stars. The place was not that busy, but 3 people waiting to be served at the bar with 3 staff busily ignoring them was not a good sign. A further 2 staff joined them behind the bar, but they too had "blinkers" on. I asked a female member of staff, who looked liked a manager, if anyone was serving and was rudely told she was busy serving customers in the dining room and I would just have to wait! On hearing this 2 customers walked out. A few minutes later she asked me in rather brusk manner what I wanted, I then ordered a drink to be told I could not have it as it was not part of the meal deal, even though I offered to pay the small difference (I have done this at every premier Inn I have stayed at, including this one on 3 previous stays). I then walked out and cancelled my meal deal and drove to a local fast food restaurant and brought my own food and drinks back to the room.
Nett result: an unhappy customer and the loss of £40+ revenue to the hotel/pub.
Will possibly stay here again, but eat before arrival and bring my own drinks.

Room Tip: Avoid the Preston Brook restaurant
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn Runcorn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Thank you for your review.

At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants.

We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed provide this. Please be assured that your comments will be duly followed up by Customer Services and the Management Team at this hotel.

We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Naina

Social Media Team,
Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Runcorn
Holiday Inn Runcorn
Best Western Everglades Park Hotel
Travelodge Widnes
Travelodge Widnes
#2 of 4 in Widnes

Been to Premier Inn Runcorn Hotel? Share your experiences!