All reviews motel style train station bath shower overnight stop short stay would stay again nice stay nice room excellent breakfast tea and coffee twin room full english yogurt liverpool freeview stopover ensuite
Reviewed May 2, 2017 via mobile

Stayed for four nights here while visiting my family. Myself and husband shared a double room.

The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and it was VERY basic. But what do you expect for £45 a night? Decent tv in the room and hair dryer. Bath is very small and tiling could be redone. It was quiet considering there was a lot of unsavoury looking people about...maybe thats why there is a mental shutter on window and two doors!

Cant comment on breakfast as we did not dine there.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Jennie C, General Manager at Campanile Runcorn, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2017

Dear Hayliella,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay with us, I am sorry to read that you were not completely satisfied with your stay with us and for this please accept my apologies.
I was, however, pleased to hear that you found the room comfortable and the team helpful.
Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Kind regards

Reviewed May 1, 2017

Our first time in Runcorn, despite only living 10 miles away. Went to a show at the Brindley, which is about 5 minutes pleasant walk away, mostly along the Bridgewater canal. Friendly reception. He also prepares the food, so,we had a short wait while he made a fry-up for another guest, but we were acknowledged cheerfully before he could give us the key. The hotel is, as others have said, a bit "Bates motel", but without the whole shower murder business, which is a plus. Rooms are basic - tea and coffee making equipment and a decent TV, a good size bed which was comfortable, bath and shower room. All clean. Very dated, with some evident wear and tear, but this is not an expensive hotel - £35 for this night's stay. In summary a perfectly decent budget hotel in a very good location for what we wanted. Have already booked again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear David v

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review,

I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you received excellent customer service from our team. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your overall stay. We hope next time you visit Runcorn you stay with us once again.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed April 19, 2017

An older appearing site, the accommodation is quite strange, in that it resembles a motel. Although this may not be to everyones taste, there is certainly nothing wrong with this, and the site compliments the Campanile brand well.

Arriving mid afternoon on a bank holiday, the place was pretty much deserted. Staff were on hand to check me it. Reception is in the bar, and this certainly is a smaller site, with less staff and facilities, they do however, cope well.

After booking in, a plastic mechanical key card is given - the age of this system reflects the age of the hotel - it really does need a refurb - however, don't let that put you off. All the necessaries are here, and the most important elements are catered for.

The rooms are accessed through an outside corridor - your front door opens to the outside world. An inner vestibule creates a place to stick your shoes, and keep the heat in. Heating is provided through an electric wall heater.

The walls are thin - you can hear your neighbours very well. On this occasion, it wasn't an issue.

The Bathroom has a good powerful shower, there's plenty of hot water. The bedroom bed was more the comfortable, and afforded a good nights sleep.

Furniture is in Campanile G Plan style, functional, but dated.

Condiments are available in each room, a flatscreen TV, lamp, and sadly, just the 1 plug socket... as far away from the bed as possible.

The restaurant menu is good, and the food cooked to perfection.

What makes this site is the warmth of the staff. They are upbeat and friendly, and made this stay notable. Everything non environmental was absolutely fine. The value of this site was great, and it's a good place to stay whilst on a budget, or travelling for work.

Well done campanile Runcorn!

1  Thank Morser221

Dear Morser221

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review,

Kind Regards,

Reviewed April 16, 2017

The motel/hotel is very basic has not had a been spent on it maybe in 20 years. Stayed there as close to the job plus well cheap ar £35 per room. Room twin bedroom one bed shot to bits so harder mattress next to wall. Plenty of hot water and shower good tv an hot beverage good clean and tidy but decor very poor. Food was very much just ok, breakfast offer is a bit of a false good as fully English get what they will cook, mushrooms boiled!, bacon just about cooked fried eggs Greece city! But for 5 quid per paid not bad, did not fancy food there as wetherspoon, a five mins walk and guaranteed decent food and yes it was so defo do that, all said staff great friendly and have to multi task and are good at what they are expected to do, brother and sister team and they are great. It is what it is a bed for the night would not take my misses there she would go mad at me but for a kip for work good and cheap! Up to you what you think!?

Room tip: They are all the same basic

Dear Joy K,

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us here at Campanile Runcorn. I am pleased to read it served your needs.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel.

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 16, 2017

Well what can I say, my partner and I accompanied by our small dog decided to book some last minute accommodation for easter weekend for work purposes. We of course found it difficult to find somewhere to stay at such short notice but managed to book a room at the Campanile in Runcorn at a bargain rate, we were of course expecting a basic service/room for our stay....How wrong were we. We arrived and was greeted by the lovely Paul who was extremely helpful and friendly who told us about meal times, internet etc.I asked if we could be on the ground floor so my work gear was easier to bring in the room, this again was not a problem for Paul and we checked into our room. The room was rustic with not speck of dust anywhere (I did the Alex Polizzi's room check!) It was spacious with spare towels and pillows. The bed was divine and we all slept very well. The bathroom came with there own Shampoo and shower gel and the shower was one of the most powerful i have ever been in.The cleaning staff were also lovely who asked if we needed the room servicing, more tea and coffee etc, to which we declined as I wasn't expecting it anyway. The hotel is in easy reach to most places, in the day we nipped to Liverpool to check out the sights and were not disappointed. After finding out that I had work on the Sunday evening I asked if we could possibly pay a bit more for a later check out, Paul said this is not something they usually offer however he would check availability and get back to me. As the hotel was not to busy on the sunday Paul has managed to keep us in our room until a bit later on. I travel around a lot for my work in various accommodation both budget and more upmarket nationwide and can honestly say that Hotel Campanile in Runcorn is up there in my top ten. Its not always about the finer things, sometimes a friendly hotel with caring staff is all you need. I definitely will be back here and using the Campanile brand from now on and will happily recommend this accommodation to friends and family alike. 10/10 thank you x

Room tip: Ground floor as you can park your car next to the room.
1  Thank Adam W
Jennie C, General Manager at Campanile Runcorn, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2017

Dear Adam W,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay in such detail.

I’m pleased to read you enjoyed your stay, with us here at Campanile Runcorn. We pride ourselves on delivering, exceptional levels of customer service throughout the hotel. Thank you for your appreciation for Paul, I have shared this with the whole team who work hard to ensure all our guest have a pleasant stay and positive comments, such as yours, always encourage us to do better.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel.

Kindest regards,