“Shocking Service”

Dining options: Late Night
Runcorn, England, United Kingdom
“Shocking Service”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I arrived at the restaurant at 1pm. Below is the order I made.
Two medium popcorn chicken,
orange tango,
small fries,
popcorn chicken snackbox,
two milkybar crusham's,
one malteser crusham,
BBQ ranger box meal with gravy and pepsi,
big daddy box meal with coleslaw and pepsi.

After placing my order and driving to the window to pay, i was asked after a few minutes to park in the parking bay and they would bring my meals out to me. No receipt had been given.
5 minutes later the food was brought out and I returned home, only to find that the two medium popcorn chicken had been omitted from my order.
I returned to the store in Runcorn, whilst my food was going cold at home, and went inside. I explained to the first person that I hadn't been given the correct order. He then went and got a 'supervisor/manager' and I explained the situation again. The 'supervisor/manager' went to see the girl taking the orders at the drive through window and came back to the counter, however, she decided to start serving someone else who was also making a complaint.
A few minutes passed and the 'supervisor/manager' returned to ask me what was missing from my order. I repeated that it was two chicken popcorn. She asked me to repeat the whole order which I did. The 'supervisor/manager' went to speak to the girl at the drive through window yet again and returned with a piece of paper which was for her to write down my order after repeating it all yet again.
I asked if there was a receipt available but apparently the receipt printer wasn't working. A few more minutes passed and she returned with the missing two popcorn chicken and handed them to me, without any eye contact or even an apology.
The KFC in Runcorn is a 10 minute car journey from our house. Total time spent in the car for a simple fast food meal was 40 minutes. Needless to say, my sons small fries were cold, his crusham was melting, my big daddy box was less than tepid along with a melting crusham.
Its not the first time that we've had problems with this particular KFC and in the past we have not made a complaint, however on this occasion, the incompetence of the person reading the order of the screen and putting it into a box and bag, along with the attitude of the 'supervisor/manager' compels me to make this complaint. All in all, I feel this is very poor service, I wont be in a hurry to return to this particular branch and now feel that KFC is not even close to the top of the 'favorite places to eat' list.
I would also like to mention, that the restaurant was not busy and I was the only person in the drive though queue.

The above is also the complaint I have made via the KFC website. I suggest you do the same if your not happy.

• Visited June 2013
4 Thank CavDude

Runcorn, United Kingdom
“should be closed down”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

absolutely awful food, as always, dirty as always, staff that couldnt care less, probably led by mangement who have the same attitude to the whole concept of food service. I go into this place about once a year and EVERY time have cause for complaint about one or usually more of the aforementioned. Last time i was assured by one of the management team that he was going to turn the place around, by the way. as he was telling me this i had to point out to him how filthy the place was that he was sitting in along with other 'management'. It has not improved atall and deserves to go out of business. The brand, the management in fact everything about the place is an absolute discgrace

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank L42dave
“Truly awful”
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Worst fast food outlet in the country. Staff really haven't a clue. Drive through isn't an option for me as your talking 20-30min wait. Don't go after 8pm as they will only serve what's already cooked. The fryers are always "on the brink" after 8pm so they can't put anymore food in.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Markmeerkat
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Great! The best KFC experience in the area”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This was the BEST EVER visit to a KFC, something has changed since my last visit. The food was fresh, the service fast & the people serving me were really friendly.
Keep up the great service & I will make sure I tell all my friends to come to your store.

• Visited April 2013
Runcorn
“Shame I can't give a negative score!!”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I went into KFC last week. I was on my lunch break as I work in the shopping city! The que was huge, but I figured I had walked all that way.... I had to wait 5mins just for my order to be taken. A few mins after receiving my order from miserable slow staff, a zinger burger (which I had ordered) was placed on the hot counter, and my gut instinct told me this was mine. I then had to wait over 10mins for this to be bagged up with the rest of my order and given to me!! I noticed all the orders on the screen were flashing as they had been waiting some time. Certainly not a fast food restaurant! The place was grubby, bins overloaded, my chips were cold and stale, some looked re-heated. Also from sitting under the hotplate for so long, my burger bap was rock solid and paper thin..... I had to bin it! How this place has not been shut down I will never know, they should visit KFC in Widnes and see how things should be done!!!!!!

• Visited April 2013