“Good coffe and atmosphere”
Review of Coffee Republic - CLOSED

Coffee Republic
Reviewed January 5, 2017 via mobile

Great visit. Friendly staff and tasy coffee. Nice to see that another coffe chain can do the job. Havent visited this one before but will cone back for sure.

Date of visit: January 2017

Reviewed November 3, 2016

Was good with lovely staff and a good selection of food but unfortunately seems to have closed. Hope it isn't permanent ;-(

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed August 4, 2016

So it's actually a nice place to sit in and have a coffee with a cake, but when we visited (and only once), the coffee was dreadful. Now, we're not coffee snobs, but we know how good coffee should taste and they had managed to burn it! We won't be returning (even though their cakes are v.nice!).

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed July 19, 2016

We were so tired from shopping, that we saw a table outside and just plonked ourselves down to rest our weary legs. We had fruit coolers, and I treated myself to a LOVELY piece of chocolate shortbread. Great service, these places always have queues, but that's how it is. Definitely recommend for a pit stop around town.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed May 25, 2016

I discovered this newly-opened coffee shop one Sunday morning in May 2016 and was drawn in by an advertising board outside promoting a breakfast deal of a large hot drink and bacon roll for £2.99.

I'm used to visiting rival establishments where a medium americano and two biscuits sets me back three and a half quid so I'm thinking this is a good deal.

The shop is well designed with a range of comfortable seating including high stools in the window for anyone wanting to do a bit of people watching. Even before many of the local stores had opened their doors, there was a good crowd in here which suggested I might be on to a winner.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Did I want one shot or two in my americano? - Well, I don't know ... I've never been asked before. OK, I'll go for the recommended two shots ... right choice. Coffee was superb and the hot roll was filled with lean, thinly-cut bacon. Very tasty.

This was so impressive I've been back a couple of times since and the quality and service were faultless again.

There is a good range of food, cakes and pastries so for me, it's a good stop-off for a coffee, breakfast or light lunch.

The premises are on a main shopping street with good accessibility and with excellent accessible toilet / baby changing facilities.

Date of visit: May 2016