“Brilliant food selection attentive staff.”
Review of COSMO Romford

COSMO Romford
Ranked #16 of 241 Restaurants in Romford
Cuisines: International
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
“Brilliant food selection attentive staff.”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

My friend and his wife took me to this restaurant last week for an evening meal, I was expecting the usual average selection of food found in buffet type restaurants, especially being veggie its often limited, but that is not the case here.
I would say it has by far the largest selection of food on offer that I have encountered so far, this knocks the buffet restaurants I frequent in my home city of Birmingham on to the back burner.
The selection for veggies is ample which is often not the case, plus a large fish selection and a general multi cultural food mix from pizza to roast beef caters for all tastes, plus a reasonable sweet selection, all they need is a soft ice-cream machine and it would be perfection.

The staff are very attentive and never far away should you want another drink or just need the used plates removing, the restaurant is clean and well illuminated as well as spacious.

When I am in the area again I will make sure my friend takes me there again.

• Visited November 2012

London, United Kingdom
“Great fun and good food”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Cosmo is a great family restaurant, with so much choice! Drink orders are taken at and delivered to your table but the food is self-service. You can help yourself to as much as you want - Chinese, Indian, British, Mediterranean, sushi, a chocolate fountain with fruit, sweets, ice-cream etc. The food is being cooked throughout service so it doesn't taste as if it has been sitting there for hours.

I would recommend booking in advance or getting there early - the queue goes way out the door!

• Visited September 2012
Dagenham, Essex
“Lovely Food”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Very nice selection of food. From Chinese/Thai/Indian/English etc. Kids didnt get bored waiting to get served as it is a buffet so just go up as many times as you like. There were 4 Adults and 2 Children and it only came to £50 very reasonable considering you can eat as much as you like.

Visited October 2012
“Stay away, unless you want to eat cold food and be shouted at!”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I never write reviews but feel I must after being treated so terribly. The food was cold, didn't taste very fresh and the selection was poor. I complained prior to paying, having a polite conversion when another man interrupted and shouted "you have to pay, you don't like, don't come back". I tried to explain my reasons, he would not listen and continued to shout at me. I said he was very rude and didn't know the first thing about customer service, I threatened to walk out without paying as I was so disgusted with his behaviour...he barricaded the door and continued to shout at us. We paid and left..very shocked, very embarrassed and very upset. Needless to say we won't be returning!

5 Thank Lisa K
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very disappointed & appalled!!!”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I am quite a regular customer when it comes to cosmos.. I usually enjoy myself there. But I was so appalled the last time I don't think I will go back. I don't know where to start. A group of us 11 people was the first ones there so we didn't have to wait too long. Opening time is 5.30 well we didn't get in till 6. As soon as we got in we were asked to pay first before being seated. Huuuh? I have never been asked this in a restaurant before. We refused. But we still got seated.. Food was lovely then at 7 we were asked to leave. That is not the worst part the manager who was unbelievably rude! No apology for waiting outside for half hour. They only had given us 1hr to eat in an all you can eat buffet. My 3 year old daughter couldn't even finish her ice cream.. For about 15 pound I think it is terrible.. We didn't get our moneys worth and I wouldn't be going back there anytime soon.. Staff are RUDE!!! Especially the “Manager”

1 Thank Chell07