“Ok and bad”

Cuisines: Steakhouse, Gastropub
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night
Reviewed April 5, 2019 via mobile

The bar staff was amazing but when it was closing time one of the bouncers was really rude telling myself and my friend to leave aka (f off because he wanted to go home) beside asking nicely, and I asked him to not be rude but continued to be rude to myself and my friend. I have never experienced this ever and the fact that the bouncers cannot be polite and civil makes me not want to come back again. I put in a complaint and the manager treated me as if I was a typical drunk besides listening to my complaint. Need to replace managers and rude bouncers!

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed March 25, 2019

One of the best Wetherspoons. I have had breakfasts, lunches, and dinners in this venue. Always clean, staff friendly and very helpful.
Food arrives attractively plated and hot. Loads of beers and wines to choose from as well as every other drink available.
Buy a coffee and get free refills.
This pub is a credit to the Wethspoon chain.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 19, 2019 via mobile

My birthday was ruined at this place I visited here on Saturday 10th March and the lights were off place was very busy lovely party atmosphere then on the Saturday 17th I had told my friends about this place and I decide to invite them here for my birthday and it just turned out ruined as the lights were on and my friends did not feel like dancing, the atmosphere was not the same.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed January 29, 2019 via mobile

Why is it some staff in this hostelry have difficulty identifying customers at the bar and then serve someone else who just walked in. Waited at bar after for close to 10 minutes. In a busy bar you would think I was impatient. However, as the staff walk past you several times it becomes more frustrating. Mr Martin you need to have a review of this establishment from the shoddy toilets to the inadequate staff, who think it's a venue to partake in their own social life at the expense of customer service and I use the term customer service extremely loosely.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed January 22, 2019

One of four pubs all in South Street and all within a few yards of each other and all very similar in their offerings.
This is a Wetherspoons and has the usual menu, beer and wine list - good value at reasonable prices.
Prone to running out of menu items on busy weekends.

Date of visit: January 2019