See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 21, 2018 via mobile

All reviews are subjective, but all I can say from my experience is avoid!!!!!!!!. I had an en suite toilet/shower room, great I though, however on the walls was a horrible brown mess that I can only assume was poo! Yep it really looked that way to me, then the shower itself was terrible andro too it off no hot water at all!!!! Had hot water in sink only! Rooms are very old and dated and need a complete revamp! Think youth hostel rather than a hotel room, I guess the guest house can’t teally control this but the other guests during my stay where also very load with no care in the world for anyone else!. One of the main reasons I booked this hotel was it was cheap and had free WiFi, if WiFI is important to you avoid this hotel like the plague, I was lucky if it connected for more than a few minutes, it continually drops out so forgwtbwatxhing films or playing games, you will be able to do very basic google searching at best. Oh it’s also on a very busy road and the room itself looked like it hadn’t been dusted in about 6 months!

That’s the bad part out of the way now I believe in balancing that wig what I found good about it, it had an ok flat screen tv (small but fine) the tv had good reception, the sheets where not brilliantly clean, but they had been washed and smelled like they had been washed too, had one towel that although was pretty small was clean! The bed mattress felt ok! About 6 parking spaces at back of hotel, and maybe two spaces on the front. Only saw two members of staff that were friendly enough.

Overall if you just want a cheap place to stay for a night or two and don’t care about hot water and WiFi and a old bedroom then go for it, otherwise book somewhere else.

M

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Mike T
Reviewed January 12, 2018 via mobile

Myself and my husband stayed here for four months the guest house itself is wonderful quiet peaceful accomadating .Staff are friendly and very nice rooms are comfortable .The only minor thing was trouble with a couple of youngsters who threatened ourselves when they were out for a fight we havent ever had any promblems with anyone there just them so sadly we had too leave dont be put off by this its a amazing hide away but some people ruin the reputation of the place the manager delt with it witch was respected thank you too all the staff and wish you well in the future.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2017 via mobile

Easy to find, warm welcome, stayed with my 2 children in room 1, couple of issues: bathroom door wouldn't shut, TV made a noise after being on for while we thought it was a distant car alarm at first! And ran out of toilet paper ! Couldn't get any hot water either early evening or morning for shower, couldn't access wifi despite notice on office door but no distinction in lower or upper case letters, Room looks tired. However I would stay again, purely for the value.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Sarah V
Reviewed August 6, 2017 via mobile

Stayed overnight with my partner as we were at a birthday party nearby. The staff were friendly, the room exceptionally clean and very spacious. The room had a fridge, TV, kettle, Tea, coffee and milk and there was parking around the back. Ideal location for where we needed to be, can't complain for the price.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2017

I stayed one night here with the family last weekend as we were visiting family. Booking was straightforward (by phone). Parking is onsite and free. Beds and sleep quality were good. Cleanliness was good. We didn't use the wifi so can't comment. Very functional and well worth staying if that's what you need. The owner is very pleasant and welcoming.

Date of stay: February 2017