“Wonderful Christmas Day”

Harefield Manor Hotel
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Romford
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I just wanted to say thank you tp Paul and his staff for a wonderful Christmas Day at Harefield Manor. My family and I arrived at the hotel on Christmas Day and were greeted by cheerful and enthusiastic staff. Our table was lovely and we had so much room. There was a lovely atmosphere in the dining room and the food was beautiful. We have all decided to book again for next year as this really was a fantastic experience. Well done to all involved.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Greeted by waiter who took our coats and promptly left them on a chair in reception. Taken into restaurant which was jammed with tables. Told to go to bar and order out own drink. Eventually after waiting 30 minutes our order was taken waited another 40 minutes for our starter which was edible then waited another 40/50 minutes for our main course which was an absolute disaster couldn't eat it the veg had a burnt taste so was unedible, potatoes hard meat dry. My daughter ordered lamb shank which was full of fat so unedible. We left our food waited for deserts but after waiting another 40 minutes it still hasn't arrived so we walked out. Unfortunately I paid for the meal £300 in advance or I definitely would have refused to pay the bill. Will never recommend this restaurant to anyone. While we were sitting in the squashed restaurant we saw at least three occasions where the waiters dropped food either on the table or on customers. A absolute joke. Ruined our Christmas Day. Just glad we had A beautiful booking day meal which was cooked at home

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Newbypeck
Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in room 408 whilst at a business meeting at a separate venue. Had a nice room which was clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. Bathrooms were very modern and looked like something out of a 5 star hotel, nice toiletries and again very clean. Room was on the other side of busy main road so you had to cross to get to it... Bit of an annoyance but not a major issue and they do have rooms on main hotel. Food was good and plentyful but was a tad overpriced as we're the drinks at the bar. Breakfast was lovely in the morning and arrived quickly with tasty coffee. All staff were helpful and seemed like they enjoyed there jobs there which made for a good atmosphere. If your into horse racing you'll love this place as there is loads of racing memorabilia on the walls... I think the owner must have or had a race horse in the past.
I recommend a stay here and although my company payed for room bill it seems like the room rates are very good value.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 16, 2012

A group of 10 of us attended an advertised Tina Turner tribute night included was a 3 course meal.
We turned up to find our table not ready, soup arrived some with half a bowl some with full bowl some with butter for their rolls , Main course was best course no choice just Turkey, although we noted another table had beef, dessert was litterally thrown onto the table christmas pudding, other tables had giant chocolate covered pastry, we enquired to be told no you have christmas pudding, ok fair enough no answer as to why though.
Well as well as overpriced drinks( suppose thats where the money is made) the apparently talented Tina Turner tribute began, omg no tone no idea what she was singing. We were stunned that this place had charged nearly £50 per head for this trash, was the longest part of the evening people in abundance left.
The disco with local dj was brilliant, and thanks to him and him alone we stayed and had danced the rest of the night away.
So service terrible, food not great, entertainment definately did not have the x factor or any factor. Next year will give a miss...

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 16, 2012

had valentines meal with my partner and we both ended u ill, vomiting all night in the toilet together how romantic, food was served well and had lovely waiter, very nice atmosphere for the meal. but food was not cooked properly and as said not pleasant evening after. spoilt our entire weekend there and wont be going back anytime soon

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stay here at least twice a month as I commute from Liverpool to work in Romford, I'm sorry I didn't find the place sooner, too many nights spent in the travel lodge round the corner!!

This place would not look out of place in a beautiful English village, so a real treat in Romford.

The staff are great and the restaurant is fab too! It's like home from home and everybody knows my name so it feels less isolating being away from home so much.

I have also held work events here because the place deserves the business because there so good at what they do!

I defy anyone not to enjoy there stay!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I stayed at hare field this week , as a treat the night before I held a training course. I had an annex room , and I loved it , it was such a nice treat to stay in the room which had a stunning roman type bathroom. The bedroom was spotless and smelt really fresh. Really easy parking directley outside my bed room too.

David and Jason are who work on reception are really helpful.

The free wii fi is a great bonus, and my room was just £65! Great value , for such a nice private , plush room!

I left my expensive shower gel in my bath room and hare field hung on to it for me to which is very kind of them.

I am going to treat myself again to a stay at this hotel in January , I cant wait.

Thank you hare field for a really special stay!

Lucy Gill. Kent .

Room Tip: Annex rooms are top notch!