“Beautiful Wedding”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Romford
London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Wedding”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I would just like to say thank-you so much to Paul Harris and his fabulous staff for making my daughter's wedding so perfect. Every little detail had been arranged to perfection, the food was amazing, the staff were polite and professional and the venue was just perfect.Our family and all our guests had a wonderful day which was exactly how it should be. Thank -you to Paul and staff for the perfect wedding

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Unfortunately I have not had the pleasure of staying at Harefield Manor. However, I was there for a wedding and found the staff and food to be equally excellent. The team have a great attitude and a perfect mix of friendliness, attentiveness and professionalism. After finishing my salmon main, I specifically wanted the staff to pass on my compliments to the chef as I honestly thought that it was the best salmon I had EVER had. It was a generous portion, perfectly cooked and the champagne sauce accompaniment was original and very tasty. I will definitely try to go back again to dine...and hopefully stay overnight!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 19, 2012

A party of 3 of us went for lunch today and we will not be returning.

Firstly, there was an error with my starters; I was half way through my minestrone soup when I realised that I had been given carrot soup. However, it was so bland that if I had been blindfolded I would not have not have known what it was. My friends ordered starters which came with salads and the lettuce looked like and tasted like it had seen better days

As soon as we finished the starters we were asked if we wanted our mains straight away or in a while. We said straight away as the man seemed to be in a hurry. On reflection we were concerned that if the food had been already cooked it may have just been sitting waiting under the warmer/hotplate for 10 minutes or more as he walked straight out of the kitchen with the dishes.

For my mains I had lamb chop; the chop didn't taste right and it was cooked beyond well done. A circular bubble and squeak was also on the plate and was tasteless. It looked really unappetising and there just wasn't much on the plate.

We ordered wine spritzers with tonic, it arrived in a small wine glass with a large lump of ice, we were charged £5 for this and nearly fell of our seats.

Overall the service was awful, the waiter was pacing and made us feel that we should leave, it was very uncomfortable - he was even coughing,and as soon as we said 'can we have the bill' it was on the table before we could blink.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank EMVJ

Travelers are raving about these Romford hotels

Barking, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 6, 2012

what can we say except WOW, 24/08/12 was our special day and Paul Harris the owner couldn't have done more, a very thorough plan to make sure our day was very special and that it was, the staff worked exceptionally hard and not one of our guests had a bad word to say about the whole evening, the price was very very realistic and we feel value for money was second to none, we cant fault this venue in any way, we are so grateful for everything that was done for us. The rooms again were fantastic, no complaints from any of our guests that stayed and if my memory serves me right there were at least eight rooms booked! The morning breakfast was served very prompt and was gorgeous. to sum up this venue will not be a disappointment everything is so well thought out and organised, if we were to have a big gathering again this venue would be our first choice!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Waterlooville, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Spent 7 nights here, over 2 weeks, with work, and am hoping I'll be going back soon! We were made so welcome from the start, and the friendly atmosphere makes it a home away from home.
Rooms are comfortable, and bathrooms fresh and modern. A special mention for the restaurant, both breakfast and dinner were a real pleasure, Susie, who looked after us in the mornings, was lovely, and the choice and quality was far superior than your usual hotel breakfast. The evenings were great, all the waiters welcomed and entertained us, and the food was delicious, freshly cooked, and enough variety of dishes to make us want to try them all! For second week requested a particular room, the reception staff were so helpful and managed to arrange just what i'd asked for, so top marks all!

Room Tip: Rooms at back are quieter.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
leicester
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I have spent four nights here with work and would go back without hesitation. The hotel itself is pleasant but what akes it so much better is the beautifully fresh food cooked superbly and the friendly staff who bring it yo you. Both evening and breakfast we felt welcome and well looked after. There were a couple of more serious faced waiters but overall they were very entertaining. The lady serving breakfast is lovely. The food was really good, and there is enough choice for most tastes which is not always the case in hotel restaurants. The rooms are comfortable, I slept really well though the road can be noisy if you lie to sleep with the window open so ask for a room at the back. Reception staff were always so welcoming which would be great if I was travelling alone. Breakfast was huge, the choice was great especially of fresh fruits and juices. If I lived here I would definately eat here for a nice meal out. You can also walk into Romford in ten minutes which saved on parking fees

Room Tip: There are two lovely rooms outside across the decked area in a separate annexe which were lovely and...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Heswall
Reviewed July 15, 2012

The unexpected often pleases,found this gem of an Italian restaurant in Harefield Manor.Great settting in the bijou conservatory, excellent Italian food in Il Paperazzi. Well cooked and served by attentive staff. Made to feel most welcome, thoroughly recommended, sensible prices

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Romford
Gidea Park Hotel
#1 of 4 in Brentwood
Holiday Inn Brentwood
Holiday Inn Brentwood
#4 of 4 in Brentwood

Been to Harefield Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!