“The Rabbits Reborn”

The Rabbits Pub
Ranked #22 of 250 Restaurants in Romford
Cuisines: European, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Traditional Country Destination Pub with a Contemporary Feel. We re opened after an extensive refurbishment at the end of June 2014, and now offer a superb choice of Traditional Pub food with a Modern Twist. We are becoming famous for the quality of our Fish and Sunday Lunch is always busy so book early. We can cater for private parties in our light and airy conservatory and our excellent Xmas Menu is now available however there are very few spaces left for Xmas Day. Please contact us to discuss your requirements. We also pride ourselves on our superb choice of Cask Ales and our Great Choice of Quality Wines. Please be advised that any Customer Feedback prior to June 2014 does not relate in any way to the way Rabbits now runs under entirely New Management.
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We went back to The Rabbits at the weekend to see what the food was like under the new management.
The new menus were very good, a double sided sheet instead of a book!
The food was great, I had the steak and ale pie which was homemade and very tasty and the rest of our table had the cod and chips which went down incredibly well, I quote "the best battered cod I have had for years"
Some of the old staff are still there so there is a nice sense of continuity, all in all the staff were very very friendly, the food was great and the beer and wine selection was still superb, long may it continue.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

This was a revisit to see if it was better because we were told it had new owners and was going to have a much needed makeover! They were waiting for new menus to be delivered, so the menu was written on a board. However, the meal was very good and the waitress very helpful!
The pub itself is very old fashioned and really needs to be improved. We were told they are hoping to do this as soon as possible, so we shall give it another try in a few weeks.
Good luck to them!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We went to the rabbit pub for a drink as we was visiting my sisters horse which was next door,after reading bad reviews about the staff being rude and the food not very nice I didn't want to eat there.
But after looking at other people's food we changed our mind, Some of us had scampi some had fish, all food was served with either chips or new potatoes.
The service was polite and the food was very nice.
Would defiantly go there again.
Just goes to show you shouldn't always listen to to the reviews.

1  Thank david940
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We booked in advance for a family of 26, it was my Mums birthday lunch. We asked if steaks would be on the menu & made a point of saying that most of the people would be ordering steak. When we arrived the barman was quite attentive & took our drink orders (we had already put £100 behind the bar to cover it). Then it started to decline, I don't want to bore people so I will try to be brief. The first table of 5 order steaks, by the second table they only had 2 steaks left. We waited approx 90 mins for our starters. When I asked the waitress if the food would take much longer as my nephew had to leave in an hour she looked horrified & said you won't have yr mains by then! I was then told 2 steak orders would have to choose an alternative, I choose roast chicken. The meals arrived - not all at the same time - and the veg arrived after 20 mins when the meals were cold. A steak meal had a long hair across the food, my chicken looked like a deep fried rodent, the salmon was cold & the roast meals were incomplete. The ladies toilets had 2 cubicles. The lock didn't work on one and the cistern didn't flush in the other but the worst thing was when our waitress came out of the toilet, didn't wash her hands & went straight to collecting plates... At no point during our meal did any member of staff come and ask if everything was ok. When I showed the waitress the poor quality of the food she said she didn't normally work on a Sunday... They took 3 meals off of the bill. This in no way compensated for the delay, terrible service, poor quality food, lack of hygiene or disappointment. We spent hundreds of pounds in that venue and I feel like I've been mugged. Everyone agreed that it was the worst restaurant we'd been to. When I talked to the staff member, she said it wouldn't of happened if we pre-ordered (which was never suggested). She didn't take off the price of my chicken meal because I ate the 2 potatoes & Yorkshire... My advice, go McDonalds, never, never be tempted to eat in this place

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Waited over 1.5 hours for a starter. A further 1 hour for main course - which then turned up on cold plates - veg didn't arrive until 15 mins later and to top it off there was a hair in it! Would NEVER return.

1  Thank Luhmanl