“What a night”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“What a night”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I visited the brickyard last Saturday night with several friends for a night out and meal .
The staff was excellent, the venue was amazing and the food was mouth watering.
The brickyards a must when visiting romford.

• Visited January 2013

Grantham, United Kingdom
“Very overated!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I went to the Brickyard for a friend's 40th ....it was terrible. Another friend had originally booked a table for 12 paying 120 deposit at 10 pound per head. She rang the day before and explained the she now needed table for 8. The table we had was set for 8 but when bill came they refused to give back the 40 deposit for the people who couldn't make it even though they we're informed 24 hours earlier that there was now a party of 8 not 12.

On arrival we were told to keep the noise down as one of our party stood up to wish our friend Happy Birthday. The drinks were very overpriced though the food was actually quite nice. The service from one particular waitress was great but the rest of the staff are full of themselves and quite rude. I think this place thinks it is something it isn't! I would NEVER go back and would advise others to go somewhere where you are treated like a human being and not looked down upon.

• Visited January 2013
4 Thank Michelle Y
romford
“Lovely Christmas Lunch”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

The brickyard was a lovely place to have Christmas lunch. Me, my husband and two children have never had Christmas dinner anywhere but with family at home. This year we decided to try something different and booked the Brickyard. We were slightly worried that the food would not be very good but I have to say that we had absolutely no complaints. The food was lovely and plentiful, we came home very full. The staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough for you. I would highly recommend this place for Christmas Lunch.

• Visited December 2012
“Mutton dressed as lamb”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

The brickyard is a classic example of style over substance and the prices reflect the cost of the interior design rather than the experience, food and service. As part of a large group we had all paid £45 each for standard Christmas fayre, which whilst not unpleasant, was certainly overpriced. The service was satisfactory although one waitress chewed gum throughout and we were promptly evicted from our table. The real disappointment of the evening was the £5 per head service charge that was presented at the end of the meal. Based on the quality and presentation of the food, £45 would have been steep for central London but to add a service charge was an insult.
I would suggest that if anyone is considering this as a venue for a group booking should look elsewhere. If you do decide on The Brickyard be prepared to feel cheapened by the whole experience and considerably lighter in the pocket.

2 Thank Hitmissormaybe
Romford, United Kingdom
“Tough one to rate”
Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Anyone who has been may sympathise with my heading. What is The Brickyard tryin to be, a posh eaterie or a club with food?

We sat down at 6.30 to eat, the food I have to say was pretty good, I had the terrine followed by the beef Wellington, neither of which I could find fault with. The service was good, but not exceptional, not overly attentive in the minor issues that make a great restaurant, attention to detail, clearly plates quickly, bringing the sauce for the steak, topping up wine, serving warm white wine. We were a table of 8. At 8.15 the DJ started in the bar adjoining the restaurant in the same room, this made it impossible to converse with anyone on the table save for the person next to you. Of the 8 of us we all enjoyed the food.

I must say the maitre'd was very good and I did enjoy the music, the place was full and there were people queuing to get in the bar, to summarise if you want a quiet catch up with friends this is probably not the place (or at least not Saturday night for dinner), but if you want a lively night out, with music in one venue this is not a bad option.

2 Thank MGowing