“Mutton dressed as lamb”

Cuisines: British, Grill
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 22, 2012

The brickyard is a classic example of style over substance and the prices reflect the cost of the interior design rather than the experience, food and service. As part of a large group we had all paid £45 each for standard Christmas fayre, which whilst not unpleasant, was certainly overpriced. The service was satisfactory although one waitress chewed gum throughout and we were promptly evicted from our table. The real disappointment of the evening was the £5 per head service charge that was presented at the end of the meal. Based on the quality and presentation of the food, £45 would have been steep for central London but to add a service charge was an insult.
I would suggest that if anyone is considering this as a venue for a group booking should look elsewhere. If you do decide on The Brickyard be prepared to feel cheapened by the whole experience and considerably lighter in the pocket.

2  Thank Hitmissormaybe
There are newer reviews for The Brickyard Restaurant

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Anyone who has been may sympathise with my heading. What is The Brickyard tryin to be, a posh eaterie or a club with food?

We sat down at 6.30 to eat, the food I have to say was pretty good, I had the terrine followed by the beef Wellington, neither of which I could find fault with. The service was good, but not exceptional, not overly attentive in the minor issues that make a great restaurant, attention to detail, clearly plates quickly, bringing the sauce for the steak, topping up wine, serving warm white wine. We were a table of 8. At 8.15 the DJ started in the bar adjoining the restaurant in the same room, this made it impossible to converse with anyone on the table save for the person next to you. Of the 8 of us we all enjoyed the food.

I must say the maitre'd was very good and I did enjoy the music, the place was full and there were people queuing to get in the bar, to summarise if you want a quiet catch up with friends this is probably not the place (or at least not Saturday night for dinner), but if you want a lively night out, with music in one venue this is not a bad option.

2  Thank MGowing
Reviewed December 14, 2012

The most awful experience I have ever had. The food was overpriced for what it was. The service was terrible - the waiting staff attempted to remove my drink before it was finished and actually removed my plate while I was still eating - and I mean literally putting a forkful in my mouth! There was no break between the main course and dessert menu and the dessert arrived in 5 mins. We were then presented with a bill and the debit/credit card payment machine. We sat down to our main meal at 7pm and we had finished our meal by 8pm! NOT a relaxing event. We then decided to attend the 'club'. The music was awful and there were plenty of women in the ladies complaining about it too. We were also told to move by a security officer - who was originally positioned outside, to make space for a regular to have her normal position - after she had gone to ask him to move us on. Allegedly, the place was 'reserved' but had no reservation label and we had been sitting there for a good couple of hours beforehand. However, the icing on the cake was the 'high five' the regular gave the security guard after moving us on. Seriously, you couldn't pay me to go there again - I have never been to a more unprofessional venue.

7  Thank Moggie2002
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Took my daughter here for her 20th birthday,had pre booked a table for 4 and asked for a high chair also for her son. My other daughter had her son in a car chair so did not think to mention it as he didn't need a chair or pushchair and could stay in the car seat.

When we turned up a big deal was made by the maitre d about this and he told my daughter the table was booked out for an hour! I have never gone to a restaurant and been told how long I had to sit and have a meal for,could not believe it!

Food is nice we had Sunday lunch but his attitude spoiled what was a celebration dinner.

Would not go back again,would rather go harvester,at least the waitress are nice and friendly which is very important,would not recommend to my friends either.

Shame as the decor is lovely but great customer service is more important!

2  Thank natzxx
Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

Work Christmas party was rubbish! Food was mostly OK but the staff were generally rude, handed us a bill for service charg

1  Thank Parrotnerds