“Excellent food, shame about the drinks service”
Review of Nutters Restaurant

Nutters Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 320 Restaurants in Rochdale
Cuisines: International, British
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 2, 2012

As a group of friends we have met every year for Sunday lunch leading up to Christmas.

Each year, the food has been consistently superb, the ambience and location excellent (although it was a little cold this year when we first arrived).

The food service was very good, all the food arrived perfectly timed - the quality of the ingredients could not be criticised.

We love the location, in a perfect and picturesque location, a mixture of modern and traditional which works well with what I understand was previously a night club and hospital !

The only criticism relates to the service of drinks. We had to chase several times the drinks order. We had to ask for the drinks menu twice. We all felt that the restaurant required someone responsible for serving drinks.

Otherwise, as usual, good quality - we will still be returning next year - possible earlier.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,455)

Reviewed November 28, 2012

I went to Nutters for an 80th Birthday party this month. The wine on arrival was poor, (red wine freezing cold & not nice tasting, if this is the house wine, urgh!).
The room was a good size but the buffet was average at best, the chicken was very cold & rubbery as if left in the fridge too long & not aired.
Drinks very expensive & overall the venue was just OK

1  Thank ClaretMad61
Reviewed November 13, 2012

You know you have had something special when you dine at Nutters so much choose from and good value to. Few weeks ago I took seven lady golfers there for afternoon tea and they are still talking about it it was wonderful just the thing to cheer you up on a dull day . You should try it you won't be disappointed .

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We went as a group of 8 people on a Saturday night.

We had the surprise tasting menu - which is really good value at around £45 for 6 courses. You get to specify what food you don't like and they will avoid it in the dishes they cook.

We had:
Canapes
Butternut Squash and Truffle Soup
Sole Filet
Pan fried Salmon Filet
ooo
Filet of beef with dauphinoise potato and jus
ooo
Cheese or medley of 5 different puddings (both served in decent portion sizes)
Coffee & chocolates

Definitely worth a visit - the food is really good.

Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

As a treat to ourselves my fiancé, another couple and I decided to dine out one evening at Nutter's restaurant. The grounds were clean and there was no rubbish of any sort around the building or car park, which was well lit. We went in and was greeted by a fresh faced young lady who we explained to that we had booked a table. We were seated in the waiting area and our drinks order was taken. Promptly we received our drinks. We asked for the taster menu and was asked if there was anything we would not like or had an allergies.
The taster menu consists of 8 different courses, so you can sample a range of food to offer.
We were brought canopes which were explained to us as, crab balls and something like a mini pork samosa.
Every course that was brought to us was explained what it was and where some of the produce had come from. We were then taken into the dinning area, the waiter kindly carried our drinks for us.
Our second course was bread rolls with a dip of oil and balsamic vinegar, if I can remember correctly. There was three types of bread, unfortunately I can only remember two, a black pudding and also a plain roll. Delicious!
The third course, a soup, also mouth watering.
I will not explain every course as you should really find out for yourselves. However I will explain what to expect...
The fourth course was lamb.
The fifth course was duck, (defiantly my favourite).
The main was beef, (I would not be able to explain just how amazing this course was).
Followed by a selection of deserts, which you should defiantly not eat if you are on a diet!! ;)
With coffee and sweets to finish. I don't drink coffee or tea so was offered a hot chocolate which I accepted.
Every course we ate was divine and all the more mouth watering as the next arrived. The service was A+ and at the end of the night the very polite Andrew Nutter even came out to greet us and ask how everything was. It was not as if it was something he had to do, it was our feed back he genuinely cared about.
Unfortunately one of our friends lost their right hand in an accident and as the coffee cups were made to be held with the right hand, Mr Nutter made sure he was given a left handed cup. That little bit of care in a service makes all the difference. I am defiantly looking forward to our next visit!
THANK YOU EVERYONE AT NUTTERS FOR A RELAXED AND VERY ENJOYABLE EVENING WITH THE VERY BEST SERVICE AND THE MOST DEVINE AND WELL PRESENTED FOOD!!

1  Thank Amy Y