“Brilliant stay”
Review of Moss Lodge

Moss Lodge
Ranked #1 of 14 Rochdale B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The hotel was very clean. Our room was a basic room and quite small but adequate for one night and the furnishings and bathroom were lovely. The staff were really pleasant and went out of their way to make us feel welcome . The breakfast was freshly cooked to order and the hotel was happy to accommodate my daughter and her friend joining us for breakfast. Check out was 10:00am but as we were waiting to go on to a Christening the hotel let us take tea and stay on in the lounge till we had to leave. A lovely experience I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If staying more than one or two nights I would see if a larger room was available. We booked last mi...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed at this hotel for a friends wedding and we were not disappointed. Room was lovely and exceptionally clean, the food was excellent, all the staff were helpful and friendly. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I attended a civil ceremony at Moss Lodge on Saturday July 13 and cannot praise this hotel enough. Everything is superb, the venue,the staff, who cannot do enough for you and the food is second to none. All the food is cooked fresh by the Chef even the ice cream is home made and it is to die for, I had lemon cheese cake ice cream yum yum!!!!. The bedrooms are tastefully furnished and decorated and thick white Turkish towels in the bathroom. Can't wait to go again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ann187069
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

What a find! Bags taken away the minute I walked through the door - and duly replaced with a perfectly chilled glass of wine. Wonderfully comfortable bed, pretty, well appointed rooms and a fab breakfast. A lovely, genuinely warm and welcoming small hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

I have held 2 events here and both have been great. The service is fantastic and from start to finish the family owners can not do enough for you. I dealt with Pauline and she was lovely offering suggestions to make my event special but at the same time being very flexible about what I wanted.

The food was good although I thought they may have included more green salads or vegetables as part of the hot buffet. The food that was provided was very nice.

I also had a hot sit down meal there previously which was excellent.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Had my wedding here and stayed the night before with my best lady as i call her,beautiful room,the best breakfast ever.The day was great all the staff could not do enough for you, the food was fab the best ever all my guests loved it,thanks Stev,and the best till last was auntie Pauline thank you you made it a wow day.our, wedding was July 2009

Room Tip: all the rooms are good as we were shown around when we booked our wedding
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2013

What an absolutely lovely hotel. There is not one thing about it that is less than perfect. So comfortable and welcoming. Staff are charming and competent. The whole experience was such a pleasure that the only regret is that I only stayed for one night.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family