“Great stay”

Premier Inn Rochdale Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Rochdale
Reviewed November 25, 2012

A great hotel, staff were very friendly, food was great and an overall enjoyable experience. Would recommend to anyone looking for a hotel in the area. Only 20 minutes drive to Manchester too which was nice!

• Stayed: November 2012
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Rochdale Hotel

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I have stayed here on many occasions over the last 4 years and have always found the accomodation of a good clean standard.
The accomodation is freshened up on a fairly regular basis and on my last visit a week ago the TV's and door locks have been replaced since my previous visit in May.
On my last visit the staff were as friendly and helpful as I have experienced on previous stays.
The attached eatery / pub has always been reasonable value. I have always found the food to be of a reasonable standard and price, its never going to set the world on fire. After all its 'pub grub' not a Michelin starred restaurant. Some people have complained about the breakfast, I only ever eat the continental style breakfast which is good value with lots of variety.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Had a one night stay, and noticed improvements from my stay there last year.
First of all, the rooms have been modernised, to a high standard, with large flat screen tv's, new fittings, and the bathrooms have a new fresh feel about them, nice modern sink and lavatory, spotlights above the mirror etc, they've done a great job with the refurbishment.
The reception and cleaning staff do a sterling job meeting the needs of the guests, they're always happy and helpful, certainly one of the best Premier Inn's for service and accomodation.
Meals are taken in the John Milnes pub next door, here the staff are superb, happy, always willing to chat and make you feel at home, they're a great bunch.
The meals are very nice, they've just introduced the new menu yesterday. Plenty of choice and all very reasonable price wise. My meal was nicely prepared, cooked and presented, it didn't come to my table too early, as if it had been rushed, or too late either, as if they'd forgotten my order, it was what would be expected and may i add, the meal was great, thoroughly enjoyed it.
All in all, a pleasant stay, very happy, and i look forward to future stopovers here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank carlislekev
Reviewed October 10, 2012

On our arrival we ordered and paid for the hot breakfast menu for both of us for the four days of our stay.
on our first morning (Sat.) my Wife and myself had breakfast most of which was good, the exception however, was the grilled bacon, which was tough to eat, and obviously had been sitting prepared for some time before being served to us, my Wife could not eat hers, and for the last three mornings of our stay just took cereal, toast & marmalade.
On the Sunday morning I stuck with the hot breakfast this one had the same outcome as the first but with some foresight I ordered two sausages rather than one, which was just as well as this time i did not even attempt to eat the bacon, which if you had tapped it firm enough with a knife would have shattered like a piece of very crisp toffee in fact I did this and a bit did break off one of the rashers
I ate the rest of the breakfast and tried to get hold off someone’s attention to complain about the inedible bacon but this was to no avail as the place was very busy that morning.
I did notice that the most of these other people were paying for their breakfast after having it,
I presumed that they were one night guests, who probably had been at the big wedding in Milnrow on the Saturday.
If we ever stay there again we will pay for breakfast as we go and perhaps get better attention and we will be able to complain that we are not paying for any inedible part of the meal.
The Monday breakfast was better and the Tuesdays was very good , the way I expected them all to be.
In not getting attention to complain about the “toffee bacon” on the Sunday I took it with me to take a couple of photos and a voiced over video, which I will probably get round to putting on youtube in the near future,
By the way, we were sitting directly across from the security camera which is above the bar door adjacent to the kitchen door, so it can be seen clearly that I was trying to get someone’s attention, but my Wife being a rather shy person asked me just to forget it.
On the Monday and Tuesday the layout of everything ,hot water, coffee, milk jugs, plates, cups, saucers, cereal, etc. etc. was crammed onto the one table where the toaster was, not very convenient or safe , for any more than one person at a time, one small bowl contained a minimal amount of packets of sugar, sweetener, sauce, and a poor selection of tea types, it was rather like a lucky dip in the respect if your not fast your last.
My conclusion is that attention to detail is very poor in this restaurant, this most likely is being caused by some of, but not all of the different part time staff members present on weekends and week days
Better leadership is required to correct this.
I have spent time in the past filling in these questionnaires for this particular Premier Inn but to no avail
We only stay at this one for the convenience of visiting some of our family, but in the future I think we will move somewhere else, even as this will involve a bit of travelling by public transport.
I have no complaints about the hotel where we were made to feel most welcome right from check in by each and every staff member we spoke to or just met in the passage ways.

Room Tip: you take what you get
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank redfredy
Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

After a taxing day on the road it was lovely to arrive at a Premier Inn with a premier greeting. Both members of reception staff were amiable and chatty and actually took interest in my day (and plans to go and watch a football match later that night).

I didn't dine in the evening as I was in York trying to enjoy the match but again when I returned at 23:00 I was greeted with more smiles and kind words.

Breakfast was good and my only gripe as ever with Premier Inn is the lack of 100% free wifi!!

I'll be back for sure as the location (right next to the motorway junction) and the service I received were spot on. Well done to all at Milnrow.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

It's a premier inn and it is good, they have a new Samsung tv on the wall which is much better than the older tv. The room smelt of smoke and when reported they fixed it straightaway. It's a premier inn and it is good, they have a new Samsung tv on the wall which is much better than the older tv. The room smelt of smoke and when reported they fixed it straightaway

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Rapid and efficient booking in system. Room clean and spacious with good facilties for my physically disabled wife..During our stay we had an evening meal and a breakfast, both of which were piping hot and excellent value for money.This is an exceptionally quiet place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pete h
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochdale
The Royal Toby Hotel
#1 of 1 in Denshaw
Birch Hotel
Birch Hotel
#1 of 1 in Heywood

Been to Premier Inn Rochdale Hotel? Share your experiences!