All reviews town centre full english night porter beans quiet location bar area wedding party cctv function
Reviewed October 15, 2016

Chef is extremely helpful. The staff went out of their way to do things during my stay which they didn't have to do. i was scared at first when reading previous negative reviews but it is not true at all!

• Stayed: October 2016, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Katie G, Receptionist at Broadfield Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2016

Thank you Nabila A for your recent positive review.

Thank you for the particular mention of our chef, who I will relay the postitive feedback to. I'm glad our staff shone out to you on this occasion, and that previous negative reviews didn't deter you from staying with us. And we look forward to welcoming you to our hotel next time.

Katie,

Receptionist

Reviewed October 5, 2016

Great location rooms are being upgraded all the time compared to our last stay in Nov 2014 100% better. The receptionist Leanne was brilliant nothing was too much trouble. The manager John was so professional any time I had any concern whatever time of day I could ring him or e-mail him and he returned my call the very next day at the very latest. We had booked a wedding reception for 160 people and there was more than enough room in the function room. The hot and cold buffet was faultless service was excellent. We asked for more chairs and they appeared. Nothing was too much trouble we recommend using this as a wedding venue

Room Tip: Ask for a park view no trafford f if noise at all
  • Stayed: October 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed October 5, 2016

On arrival we where warmly greeted the staff where very nice, it all went down hill from there, there was 3 of us staying and all the rooms had problems , shower not working properly, taps falling off, dirty cups, noisy fans, and breakfast was poor, the place needs some TLC, there was a 24 hour bar and complimentary fast Wi-Fi, if only they could get it sorted.

• Stayed: October 2016, traveled on business
Reviewed September 21, 2016

I visited Rochdale which is not the usual tourist spot, however I wanted to stay close to where my family resided before the known generations left and this was in situe in that time. As a female sole visitor I felt perfectly safe in the hotel and found it an ideal base for my visits to touchstones (for the archives). I also visited various points of interest to myself in relation to the history of Rochdale.
My room was clean whilst compact and the bed was comfortable. I stayed for 4 nights and the room was tended to daily.
The staff were pleasant enough though I had little contact bar check in/out.
The stained glass window is beautiful and a nice retained touch of the original house.
From the hotel it is only a short walk into the town centre.
I will stay here again on future visits.

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled solo
Reviewed September 20, 2016

Room, Very Clean. bed really comfortable. Top floor, No lift. Shower intermittent (Water cuts off or runs out occasionally). Extractor in bathroom not working. Walls very thin and could hear Everything in next rooms bathroom (Based on room 203)
Staff really nice and helpful. Good parking.
Restaurant had very loud Jazz music playing (Radio 2) making conversation difficult. Staff turned volume down as soon as asked to.
The meal ordered was Sirloin Steak that was not sirloin, more likely a thinly cut piece of Brisket or other cut of beef (overcooked). Chips were more like wood chips than potato chips they were that overcooked. Peas were what appeared to be a dollop of tinned mushy peas (maybe chefs night off?). We left the meal unfinished and went to Asda and bought sandwiches. We were however not charged for the meal.
I have stayed in several hotels nearby that were a lot cheaper and considerably better value for money.

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled on business