I booked on late rooms and got a good price for a romantic escape ,However that shouldn't effect my experience of the stay. At check in the receptionist said out loud the rate i was paying infront of my guest which was a little embarrassing,
Then i was told the meal for 2 wasnt available on the sat night in the restaurant as there was 3 wedding engagements , so we have to eat in the htl bar, which again was disappointing , we then had to walk up 3 flights of stairs as the lift was out of order down a musty smelling dark lit corridor to reveal a room over looking the bar area ,
I immediately complained to reception, told her my thoughts on the package i was sold and how it didnt meet upto expectation and the htl manger was very nice and upgraded us to the suite, which was at the Spa end of the HTL and smelt alot better in the corridors and much lighter and better decorated area of the HTL.
The room only had one towel , which i had to call down for another
I had to wait an hour for an ice bucket in the end i had to walk down to the bar to get it myself.
The chamber maids didnt change the soiled bed sheets where there was a major visible spillage.
The Only saving grace of this Hotel was its Day Spa , which is the reason i booked it as it looked nice in the photos , , however there were mosaic tiles missing in the steam room and a collection of them in the corner .
Overall I would say i would not want my wedding reception here , as i wouldnt even want to return myself to stay a night , i think there are much nicer hotels for the same money.
Im disappointed with the Mercure Chain of HTLs as i have stayed in many around the world , I dont like to complain , but if its not right regardless of what price you have paid its a 4 star rating is more like a 3star
The Staff were friendly but were inexperienced in customer relations
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in it's own beautiful grounds, the Mercure Norton Grange Hotel and Spa caters for the needs of each individual. Leisure facilities and car parking are complimentary to all of our guests. Please check with the hotel for dining availability as our restaurant can be closed at weekends for private functions. Please also note that child pool times apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and ACCOR so you can book your Mercure Manchester Norton Grange Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Norton Grange Hotel Rochdale
- Mercure Manchester Norton Grange Hotel And Spa Rochdale, Greater Manchester