“Relaxing weekend ”

Mercure Manchester Norton Grange Hotel and Spa
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Rochdale
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

My friend treated me to a night in the hotel n spa for my 30th birthday. It was lovely food was great, spa was amazing and so was the back massage. The only complaint I have is we ordered some desert, got given a spoon and waited 40 minutes to be told they had ran out of it. Overall it was lovely and relaxing and will definitely go again.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Damon_YoxallH6631, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Norton Grange Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel, it’s always nice to hear great comments and I will pass on your thoughts to the rest of the team.

I am sorry to see that you had issues regarding items missing off the menu; I will speak with the people concerned.

There are newer reviews for Mercure Manchester Norton Grange Hotel and Spa

Reviewed May 25, 2014

Stayed at hotel for family wedding. My husband got food poisoning night before the wedding. Informed staff we were told they would get back to us. However had to remind them before we left. Charged 7.10p for vodka & tonic. When we complained we were told that the prices had gone up two days before the wedding reception. ! Asked for two small bottle's . of water charged 5.00 . Utterley overpriced. To top it all another family member had one wardrobe door in her room and when they tried to open it the heavy glass door it fell off, if she was on her own it could have been a disaster. Informed staff who came to put another door on wardrobe however the doors refused to open so had to take them out and stand them in the corner. However the wedding went well. Sorry wouldn't recommend this hotel

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank jabba777

Dear Guest

I would like to address some of the allegations you have made.

To mention food poisoning is debatable, the person involved had a sandwich from the hotel the night prior to the event, on-set time for food poisoning is between 1 to 3 days so to suggest that the sandwich may have caused this is not entirely correct. We served over 20 of the same sandwiches on that particular day and we have had no complaints. We take allegations of food poisoning extremely seriously and ensure that we follow all HACCP guidelines. We are inspected by the local authority and by our company Food Safety consultants on a regular basis.
Regarding the prices for drinks they are comparable with other hotels in the area, we do have various offers on and I will ensure more visibility on these going forward. The price for a vodka and tonic is £5.50, not £7.10 as you state.
I take on board your point about the wardrobe doors and will ensure that they are secured properly on my daily walk rounds.

Thank you for your comments, should you wish to speak futher please do not hesitate in contacting me.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Attended a family wedding on Sunday. Surroundings are beautiful. A lovely room for the ceremony and plenty of space in the suite for the meal and evening buffet.
The meal was good and the evening buffet was excellent . The only bad point to the whole day was the high bar prices otherwise I would give 5 stars! The following day a party of us went to another local hotel for a meal and the same round of drinks was a third cheaper. So well done Norton Grange but please review your bar prices!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank griffpasty
Damon_YoxallH6631, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Norton Grange Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments regarding your visit to the hotel to attend a wedding. Its pleasing to hear that you enjoyed the special day and I will ensure the feedback is given to the rest of the team. Regarding the bar prices we are in the same category of other similar standard of hotels within the Manchester area, however I will ensure that we have offers on for our wedding parties going forward.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

I was a bit nervous about this place; it was booked by a colleague...however i was wrong.
A lively bar, a great breakfast large clean room and really enjoyed the spa & pool facilities.
What everybody comments about the friendly staff is true; all where very helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your kind review, I will pass on your thought to the rest of the team and look forward in welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Damon_YoxallH6631, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Norton Grange Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

My brother in law had his wedding here on Sunday May the 4th, and it was a great day all round.
Preston (wedding co-ordinator) couldn't do enough for us - which included sorting a projector for my best man speech!
The ceremony and reception went without a hitch and everyone thought it was a great day from start to finish.
The only thing that let the day down was the pricey drinks - £6 for a glass of wine and well over £4 for a lager (city centre prices)
It's a shame that the cost of drinks was a big topic of conversation, as I'm sure if they were more reasonable, people would actually be inclined to relax and drink a bit more!
Other than that - we couldn't fault the day and venue.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed May 5, 2014

My wife and I went on the 55 pound deal with 2 treatments. We had a fantastic time and the treatments were excellent. I would especially like to thank Becci Bees for a tremendous neck, shoulder and back massage.
The sauna and Ice Igloo were right up my street. My wife bought a few of the products as she thought the ones used were excellent.
I will certainly go back again . Thank you so much.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments following on from your recent visit to the Spa. I will pass on your thoughts to the team and look forward in welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Damon Yoxall

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochdale
Best Western Hotel Smokies Park
Birch Hotel
#1 of 1 in Heywood
Best Western Broadfield Park Hotel
Village Hotel Manchester Bury

Been to Mercure Manchester Norton Grange Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!