“Regular guests”

Mercure Manchester Norton Grange Hotel and Spa
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Rochdale
“Regular guests”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed on many occasions, as we find it relaxing.
Rooms, clean, tidy, bathrooms nice, tea/coffee ok, could do with updating, no biscuits this time, maybe an error.
As a late check in & late booking, they accommodated us well, dinner served in bar as the grange suite was booked up, meal was nice, and was efficient , had a lovely evening.
Spa, has ice room, 2 steam rooms and 2 saunas, all very nice to relax in, the heated hydro/ spa pool is a favourite , and sure to please you. The pool, clean and quiet, overall, nice.
The spa upstairs we didn't use on this stay
We had slight problem with breakfast ordered via room service coming upto our room cold. This did annoy, as didn't want to go down to dine for breakfast, we did however go down, and got an apology, we had lovely breakfast, although poached eggs cold served on cold plates too.
It's minor niggles, and none of this spoilt our break here.
We will return as we like this hotel.
I'd reccomend to friends and to people reading this review

Stayed March 2014
Damon_YoxallH6631, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Norton Grange Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review. It’s great to see people returning to the hotel on a regular basis, I will pass your comments onto the rest of the team and look forward in welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Damon Yoxall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Polish first
Stockport, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here and was very disappointed!

The service was poor and the food was even worse cold dry and tasteless it looked like it was thrown on the plate.

There was a manager around that we overheard him speaking to his staff like they was dogs he cane across as very rude!

The room was standard and In need of a paint!

Would not return

Stayed March 2014
3 Thank loganbear11
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations, please do give me a call at the hotel to discuss the issues you have mentioned, I am sorry that you encountered so many problems during your visit and I would like to address them with you.

Damon Yoxall

Travelers are raving about these Rochdale hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

My wife and I stayed in the suite for 1 night and from the moment we walked into the hotel we were made to feel extremely welcome, the receptionist was friendly and very informative, the room itself was really good with a separate lounge with desk table and chairs, settee and flat screen TV, through the archway into the bedroom which had a king size bed with another flat screen TV and a door leading to the en suite, a bath and separate shower with a selection of toiletries here. There was plenty of space and luxury in the room.
We ordered room service for dinner which was superb, we could not fault the food at all nor the room in fact when we went to breakfast the choice was immense and not only do you get to choose the usual breakfast you would expect but you can order items from the kitchen to order as well....... faultless!!!
I would like to be able to advise on the spa but unfortunately we didn't use this due to an injury and were advised by the doctor not to, I could only say that if the spa is based on the same standard as the hotel then this would be superb as well!!!
I would recommend this hotel as we had an amazing overnight stay and the staff and environment were so relaxing we came away feeling that we had been away for longer, the hotel and its staff are a credit to Damon the manager. Thank you for a fantastic stay!!
Terry

Room Tip: Ask for the Bridal Suite room 108 it is as described
Dear Guest

Thank you for your great review. I will pass on your comments to the rest of the team and look forward in welcoming you back in the near future.

Newent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

Stayed at the hotel overnight and had a meeting there the next day. My room was great (although the reception staff did admit it was one of the best in the hotel) and the evening meal was very good.
The swimming pool was clean, a good temperature and slightly longer than many hotel pools.
The meeting facilities were excellent, a good sized room, coffee on tap, snacks during the day and a good buffet lunch in the restaurant.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent meetings, it’s pleasing to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I will be passing your comments onto the rest of the team.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here as he was playing a gig in Manchester that night. We wanted somewhere cheap with a pool. We weren't expecting the spa to be as amazing as it was. I could simply stay there all day!

The staff could not have been more helpful! We had a problem with the radiator in our room, two members of staff came to look, and offered a portable heater or if we wanted a different room. We chose a different room, which was equally as good for the price.

We will be staying here again for sure, even if it's just for the spa!

Thank you.

Alison

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

St Helens, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

Spent 1 night for anniversary break away, room simple but clean and comfortable, spa and pool area lovely, beauty treatments great, staff fantastic and restaurant.....excellent! Food was amazing, beautifully presented and tasty, and very reasonably priced for the quality. Stayed on a dinner,bed and breakfast deal which was superb value, would definitely return and recommend! Only minor negative was our room was located on the road side of the hotel so could hear traffic noise but sleep not disturbed as traffic settled after rush hour.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from the road
Dear Guest

Thank you for your great review following on from your recent visit to the hotel. I will pass on your thoughts to the rest of the team.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

Me and my boyfriend decided to stay at the Norton Grange for our one year anniversary. We had previously visited with work and found the service and food excellent.
On arrival, we checked in and went up to our executive room which we had paid extra for. We were supposed to have drinks, dressing gowns and toiletries but none of these were in the room. I phoned reception who apologised and sent these things to our room. The member of staff who brought them knocked on the door but then just let herself in. Good job we weren't getting changed! The room was spacious and clean and the bed was very comfy.
The jacuzzi and pool area is nice but was very busy, it was a Saturday afternoon though so was to be expected.
We had booked our evening meal for 8pm, we were quickly seated and our drinks order was taken. 25 minutes later, the drinks arrived and the waitress said she would be back in a minute to take our food order. She never returned and we were waiting for an hour before my boyfriend found a member of staff and asked if we could place our order. We both decided to order a starter and main course. I chose the shepherds pie croquettes and my boyfriend chose prawn and crayfish cocktail. For mains, I had steak and my boyfriend chose the double burger. I asked for my steak to be cooked medium, it arrived well done and very tough. My boyfriend's burgers were also over-cooked. We decided not to send our food back as it was now half past 9, 1 1/2 hours after we had originally sat down. On leaving the resturant, I overheard another man complaining about his wife's medium steak being well done and tough.
This hotel seemed to be good value for money when we booked but after our night here, it is cheaper for a reason.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Damon_YoxallH6631, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Norton Grange Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Guest

I am really sorry that you encountered problems within the restaurant on Saturday night. We had several issues with staffing and were let down in both the kitchen and restaurant, I am dealing with the situation and understand your frustrations. We get it so right on some occasions but we are let down by the basics and a lack of planning which is totally unacceptable. I do remember you having your wedding with us a year ago and I am sorry that we could not match your expectations on your return visit. It would be great to invite you back to the hotel and if you wish to return I will ensure you are looked after, please feel free to call me should you wish to discuss.

Damon Yoxall
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochdale
The Royal Toby Hotel
#1 of 1 in Heywood
The Victoria Hotel
The Victoria Hotel
#3 of 12 in Oldham

Been to Mercure Manchester Norton Grange Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!