“Hanning/Kenny wedding on New Years Eve”

Mercure Manchester Norton Grange Hotel and Spa
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Rochdale
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Our daughter just got married on New Years Eve at the Norton Grange and I must say what an excellent experience it was, from the wedding ceremony itself to having a lovely meal in the afternoon and a New Years Eve Party to finish off. Special thanks to all the staff, especially Rama who did an excellent job. A great venue for a wedding.

• Stayed: December 2013
Damon_YoxallH6631, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Norton Grange Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for your great review of the wedding you attended at the hotel. I will pass on your thanks to Rama and the team at the hotel.

There are newer reviews for Mercure Manchester Norton Grange Hotel and Spa

Reviewed January 1, 2014

You arrived back from a 2nt New Year break.
All staff were courteous and extremely polite and helpful.
The food was well cooked, hot and presented excellently and the New Year atmosphere couldn't be faulted.
Despite there being 2 weddings as well as the gala dinner everything ran extremely smoothly.
Would certainly stay again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Damon_YoxallH6631, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Norton Grange Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent New Year’s Eve celebrations with us. It’s always nice to receive such great comments. I will pass them onto the rest of the team and look forward in welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Booked the 3 day festive break for Christmas 2013. All staff very friendly and attentive. The room clearly was usually for 1 person, when room was serviced only 1 bath towel left on each occasion and found sleeping uncomfortable in the smaller bed. All meals generally really good. Tables were always dressed very nicely for the occasion. Christmas day dinner a bit disappointing. We both selected the traditional turkey dinner, however they were rather small in size and did not come with the traditional trimmings you would expect and as promised (no roast vegetables, pigs in blankets or boiled potatoes). Staff were rather too keen to serve each course very quickly and was served 6 courses in less than an hour and half! We did request a break between a couple of courses, unfortunately this was not acknowledged. For Christmas day dinner, we would have preferred a couple less courses and more traditional dinner. A few hiccups with the delivery of food we ordered in the bar on Boxing Day, it was eventually sorted. Overall a nice stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us, your comments have been taken on and I will pass on your thoughts to the rest of the team.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

First room had leak in bathroom floor - was to be fixed but mess left and floor (after regrouting of floor tiles) and still leaked. was offered room on high floor which I declined found access problem and needed to be near friend, Third room which I accepted was shabby in that lampshades were disintegrating (he told me new ones had been ordered but did not fit) - work surfaces badly stained, toilet had not been flushed by previous occupant. Manager helped me move to this room and on pointing out the faults told me I was nitpicking and that he would refund me and I could go home. I told him that was not going to happen. Later I had cause to make a further complaint - the mattress on the bed was badly soiled as was the side of the bed itself. The manager came to inspect together with his under-manager. His first words were that there should have been a mattress cover on the bed. I was then told that whilst I was at dinner the room would be cleaned and a new mattress installed. This was done and new lampshades were provided but the bed itself was not cleaned. My main grievance was the manager's attitude not once did he apologise for the state of things. No way should this hotel be classed as four star

Room Tip: Note that the hotel does not have single rooms therefore no need to pay a supplement for the pleasur...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry that you encountered several problems with your room. I personally dealt with your issues and I apologise for our short comings. After showing you 3 rooms I was under the impression that you were not happy with the hotel in general and that is the reason for offering you to leave as you were not happy with the hotel. I am sorry if I was misunderstood; if you would like to speak to me regarding any of the issues you faced please do give me a call.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Wow, what can I say, we have had the most amazing Christmas ever. The food, the service and just about everything was outstanding, the staff in particular are just the best. I am a business owner and have had the priviledge to stay in some of the best hotels in the world and yet I can honestly say I have never been better taken care of. I know there are some not so good reviews on this site but all I can say is that the people that wrote them must be in need of medical attention. This hotel has the friendliest staff, the most amazing food and an incredible spa, I cannot speak highly enough of the place and cannot wait to get back there for our valentines break. Keep up the very great work and Damon you should be extremely proud of your very special staff.
Thank you so much, Mandy and Gary Price

Room Tip: Room 315 is great, it is near a lift and we did not hear any noise whatsoever
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest
Thank you so much for your great review of the hotel, service & food. It’s so nice to receive such great comments I will ensure your thoughts are passed onto the rest of the team and look forward in welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I stayed here for a weekend break with my friend, before Christmas, to recover from all of my Christmas shopping and pamper myself in the Spa. I have to say I was pleasantly suprised by the standard of the hotel and the wonderful attitude of the staff, particularly the Reception team. The check in was very smooth and I was given all of the information I needed for my stay. My bedroom was very clean and spacious. I had been unsure about what I would find as I have read previous comments on trip advisor about standards of rooms but I have to say they are utter nonsense. I could not fault my room at all. The bed was very comfy and I had a very peaceful nights sleep. I had also been down to the bar before bedtime and caught some wonderful views over the hills as the sun was setting, the surroundings are very beautiful and you wouldn't know you were in Rochdale!!

The following day, after a delicious breakfast, I ventured to the spa. It was out of this world, I especially liked the sauna/jacuzzi which looks out onto the grounds of the hotel.....fabulous!!

All in all I found that the hotel was excellend value for money and would not hesitate in recommending it to all of my friends and would definately stay again.

Room Tip: I stayed in an executive room which was very comfortable and nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest
Thank you for your great review, Love your profile picture ooooohhhhh!
It’s always nice to receive such great comments about the hotel & staff; I will ensure that they are passed onto the staff.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Damon_YoxallH6631, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Norton Grange Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochdale
Best Western Hotel Smokies Park
Birch Hotel
#1 of 1 in Heywood
Best Western Broadfield Park Hotel
Village Hotel Manchester Bury

Been to Mercure Manchester Norton Grange Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!