Mercure Manchester Norton Grange Hotel and Spa
Hotels.com
$51
$47
Agoda.com
Premier Inn Rochdale Hotel(Rochdale)(Great Value!)
$77
Travelodge
$53
Clough Manor(Denshaw)
1,183 results
All reviewssteam roomice roomthermal suiterelaxation roomchanging roomsduty managerleisure facilitiescourse dinnerreception staffbar priceswedding receptionwedding partyfood was lovelylots of choiceplenty of parkingfrom start to finishbuffet style
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 13, 2013

A great location for my business and the main reason for staying is the gym. Always friendly staff and good food. The rooms are old but well kept. The only negatives are the food is a little pricey unless you book half board then I think this is best value. Just get them to check the bill on departure otherwise this may not have been calculated!!
The WiFi is often quite poor but it is expected to improve in future. The gym has just had all new equipment and the spa is very good. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel as a reasonable base in the North Manchester area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Donald_Stewart, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Norton Grange Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent stays with us. It’s so nice to receive nice reviews especially about our staff. Look forward in welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

A great evenig was had by all at a surprise party for my partner. Lisa at The Norton Grange accommodated all my requests to create a night to remember.

They obviously arranged the venue and were very good at showing me my options and offering their guidance in what would work best, based on their experience. I had booked a buffet and the food was of a high standard and plenty of it. Lisa also arranged trhe DJ, Alex Miller, who was excellent throughout the night.

I have to say that all through the event the staff were very helpful with any requests and responded promptly to ensure they were delivered. We spent the night in teh Grange Suite, which was lovely, very comfortable indeed and to round it off breakfast in bed.

A perfect weekend, thanks Lisa and all at The Norton Grange.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Alan J

Dear Alan

Glad you enjoyed your wife’s birthday party. I will pass on your kind comments to the rest of the team; look forward to meeting up with you on our next golf event.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

This is a review only of the hospitality function the hotel hosted in conjunction with Oldham Athletic FC prior to their FA Cup fourth round match versus Liverpool on Sunday 27th January 2013.

Unless you're desperate for a ticket, based on the experience of last Sunday, Caveat Emptor should apply! Please let me explain why.

To begin with the cost was rather on the high side being as it was £100 + VAT or £125 per person. So what did my wife and me get for the money?

As perhaps you'd expect we each got a stand ticket priced at £25. In addition there was a match programme at £3 and a car parking pass at £5. So far that's £33 spent, meaning that the remaining £67 was used for transport to and from the ground/hotel, the host[s] fee and the three course meal.

However, when I tell you that the lunch consisted of soup and roll, followed by a tiny, overcooked chicken breast with mashed potato and a few carrots which in turn was followed by a small piece of cheescake for the sweet, you will hopefully agree with me that someone made a stinker of a profit! I /we did not receive value for money; indeed I would go as far as saying it was a rip-off!
I have no objection to any business making a profit but this borders on the indecent!

Clearly what I'll never know is whether it was the hotels' fault the meal was so poor i.e. were they given enough money per head by the Club or did they choose to provide only the most basic of lunches?

Whatever the truth may be, it's an absolute certainty that the mistake won't be repeated!!

So, for anyone else considering Oldham Athletic's hospitality in conjunction with the Norton Grange Hotel the advice should surely be, "let the buyer beware"!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Annian1
Donald_Stewart, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Norton Grange Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments, I would like to respond you the issues you have raised. Firstly I feel that your comments should have been directed at Oldham FC and not Norton Grange Hotel. You may have paid £125 for your ticket but the hotel received £18 per person for the meal. I would be grateful if you would remove this review and direct it at the appropriate business.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed here with my husband, we had booked the spa reviver package, accomodation was nice, had slight problem that robes were not provided in room but we called down and they were sent up straight away, staff are really helpful and bubbly, you get full use of the facilities and they are lovely! The hydrotherapy pool is a must! We ate in the restaurant and the evening meal was really nice and breakfast had plenty of choice! Will definatley be going back! Left feeling like we'd had a break even though we were only away for the night!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I will pass your kind comments onto the rest of the team.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I am in a good position to review this hotel after spending 3 weeks there! I find the staff there to be excellent and very helpful. The breakfast is excellent with a good spread. The food in the restaurant is very good but expensive (tip: they accept taste card 50% off) the drinks too are expensive. I have stayed in 3 different rooms and found them all to be very good. Always clean with everything I need.
The bonus of staying here is the gym, pool and spa. The gym is excellent and the pool is a good size. Too be honest if I had come here for the spa I would be disappointed but all as an added extra with my stay is great.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Donald_Stewart, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Norton Grange Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear guest

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your visit to the hotel and spa. Its always nice to receive great comments, I will pass them onto the rest of the team and look forward in welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.