“A true gem”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

I have been to The Oxford on a few occasions now, this weekend being one of them. I have always found the food to be of an excellent standard and the McEneeny burgers are awesome and melt in the mouth. Specials board always worth a try. Well done to all, we'll be back.

1  Thank SausageAndChips

Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Just wanted to say thank you for the wonderful food and service we received at The Oxford. We didn't book but the staff were extremely accommodating and they showed us to our table and took our drinks order.

My husband had the Oxford Dog which was very nice.

I had one of the specials which was a chicken, bacon and avocado salad. It was also completely gluten free.

We also had 3 desserts (I couldn't decide as they all looked yummy) which were an amaretto sundae, gluten free chocolate cake and a chocolate creme brûlée.

The food was brilliant and very good value. If you want nasty fast food go elsewhere, but if you want home cooked food in a welcoming family run place then you gotta eat here!!

Thanks again :-)

1  Thank kimbi15
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

We love visiting the Oxford for food and drinks and are always made very welcome by all of the staff. The food is great, especially the 'specials' and I love the range of drinks. I have been on plenty of nights out with the girls at the pub too and, again, have always had a great time- 5 stars!

Reviewed May 24, 2014

No longer a pub where you can go to relax after work with a drink. The whole place is reserved seating with just 1-2 tables or standing room only at the bar. We found a table that wasn't reserved then after an hour of sitting there and constant looks from staff, they put a reserved ticket on the table...if we were going to stay or order food we had less than an hour to do so. Sorry but felt unwelcome because we were drinking(in a pub)not eating. be easier if they had the right side for pub and the left for dining...it's simple really!!!!

Not my choice of pub for next time.

3  Thank LittleBlue8
Reviewed May 6, 2014

The pub is nice since the refurbishment, The food was quite nice, but expensive and you didn't get a lot.